Error Message in Online Guide

Started by The_Hawk, February 21, 2012, 09:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hawk

When viewing the online guide:

http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/tvguide

I am seeing the little ! in a yellow triangle against a recording which the legend says is an "error"...   While I haven't actually had a chance to check this at home, this is the second time this little icon has shown up, the first time the recording seemed to have finished without issue and I will confirm tonight if todays recording worked as expected.  In both cases the recordings were things set on the PVR itself rather than online.  Pretty much everything else has been done through the website.

Is this a known issue or am I just lucky?

Dave at IceTV

There can a few reasons for the error icon. The most common causes are trying to record 3 things at once and missing channels. Or if you resend the recordings from the website but they are already set on the PVR.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

On Beyonwizes, the "error" icons can also appear for no apparent reason at all, with the timer having been successfully set up on the PVR.

I've been grumbling about this on the forum for a very long time without seeing a resolution. Fortunately, it doesn't happen frequently for me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

The_Hawk

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 23, 2012, 08:03:22 PM
There can a few reasons for the error icon. The most common causes are trying to record 3 things at once and missing channels. Or if you resend the recordings from the website but they are already set on the PVR.

Everything seems to be recording perfectly, just getting the error icon so it's not currently a big deal.

Lots of errors this week and one of the shows might have been scheduled on both the device and the web, others haven't.  It's also not consistent which get errors and which don't as some shows do and other don't.

Like I said, everything appears to be recording without issue so I'm not complaining too much, I just ignore the icon.

prl

This same problem of large numbers of errors when the timers have actually been set correctly is happening on Beyonwizes, and also appears to be happening on Topfields.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

I have seen a number of regional customers getting errors in My Week. This is usually caused by the extra channel choices in their IceTV account on the website. If IceTV tries to set recordings on channels you don't have you will get errors. Another cause is if you have deleted duplicate channels like ch1, ch2, ch3 and ch7 (and kept ch12, ch21, ch33 and ch71).

Part 1 of the solution is to set your exact channel numbers in your account here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

By following the guide here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20105463-how-do-i-map-channels-on-the-icetv-website-for-my-recorder-or-changing-which-channels-are-downloaded

Part 2 of the solution is to then select 'Custom' as your Region on the Humax.
    - Go to "Menu > Settings > Preferences > EPG Type > IceTV > Existing"
    - Press OK on the onscreen Confirm button on the Member ID / Password menu
    - Press OK on Region
    - Scroll down the bottom to Custom and press OK
    - Press OK on the onscreen Confirm button on the Region / Device menu
    - Exit the menu
    - Wait 2 minutes before checking the guide
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ozpowell

Thanks for the workaround, Dave.  I'm on the Gold Coast and regularly see this issue on 9/NBN and 7/Prime networks.  I'll let you know if it works.
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV