ABC iview

Started by Tiz, February 18, 2012, 10:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiz

I have no problem with iview on my computer and ipad but it rarely works on the humax, anybody had similar problems and does anyone know how to improve it? It would be great to get it working as my boy regularly watches stuff on ABC for kids.

swamprat96

I've had no problem with iview on the Humax. Maybe a network connection issue?

Tiz

Don't think so but im at a bit of a loss, spoke to ice, humax and iinet, still no answers

swamprat96

Its more likely an internal issue on your network- not your providers. Is your Humax on wifi or ethernet? If its on wifi and your have an older router that has only "b" and "G" wifi available  - it is possible that this might cause issues especially if the Humax is a long way from the router - or there is a lot of steel or walls between the router and the humax.

The fact that iview works on the computer and not the Humax is the key

Tiz

I have a 'bob' router supplied by iinet, it sits close to the humax and is connected by ethernet, I have tried the wifi but its the same. I had a conversation with humax and they indicated that computers can handle iview much better than their box, but now they have stopped responding to my messages. Are there any settings in the router that I can change to improve the service?

swamprat96

Weird. I just spent 20 minutes testing iview and could not fault it. I'm using N wifi and no issues at all. I have fixed the ip address of the Humax.

The Bob routers have not got a good reputation. But I can't see why only iview is affected on the Humax.

Have you updated the firmware on the Humax? I'm on the latest

Tiz

Yup latest software, tried a static ip, no change, reset to factory settings and started again, no change whatever I do, such a shame as I had a humax back in the UK and was stoked when I heard they were available here. I'm getting between 6-10Mbps and iview advises a required speed of 1.1Mbps???????

swamprat96

I'd say ask for a replacement but it's such a specific fault. Do the other options in the web portal work ok?
HOw about streaming fom the pc? I'm wondering whether the network chip on the Humax is ok

prl

Quote from: Tiz on February 19, 2012, 12:48:07 PM
I have a 'bob' router supplied by iinet ...
Which BoB? Original, BoB Lite or BoB2?

You might also want to look at these topics on Whirlpool:
Problems with BoB Lite and ABC iview
and
Bob 2 & iView issues
The first topic suggests that iiNet are aware of the problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tiz

Thanks guys, streaming works fine, so does YouTube, I'm now back on the phone to iinet to see what they say. It's a regular bob as far as i know.

prl

iiNet staff read the iiNet section of Whirlpool. They may have even responded in one of those topics (haven't checked). If they have, that may help you get to the right person in iiNet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing