ABC HD Data (e.g. Planet Earth)

Started by jonwhitear, July 25, 2006, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonwhitear

Are there any plans to add more (some?) ABC HD programming data. It seems there's very little available at the moment. It would be good to start off with Planet Earth (Sunday evenings) as it was filmed in HD. I've had all sorts of problems getting it to record (MythTV, manual schedules, poor signals, and user error :-)

Cheers,

Jon

Jason W

At the moment I have a schedule on my phone to remind me to copy of the record in the database from LCN 2 to LCN 20. As long as I do that and re-run the scheduler (i.e. update guide data) before Sunday evening I'm fine. Manual scheduling has too many issues.

It would be rather nice if we could get Planet Earth showing up in the ABC HD guide soon though :)

Jason W

I just got around to watching "Ice Worlds" which aired on 2007-02-04. I recorded it both from ABC Main using the IceTV guide and manually on ABC HD. It was definitely another HD broadcast and there was no watermark at all!

Is there any chance we can get Planet Earth flagged as HD and duplicated over to the ABC HD guide for this season?

Jason W

I just noticed this morning that Planet Earth is now flagged as HD and is showing up on ABC HD. Thanks! :)

Jason W

It seems the episode of Planet Earth airing 2007-02-18 has not been flagged as HD. Good thing I'm still manually checking I guess.

Jason W

Sometime today this has been corrected. Can someone from Ice comment?

Timboi

Jason,

For some unknown reason, I dont even get an ABC HD guide listing to be able to add to my ABC HD channel down here in sunny wollongong. I dont know how many times I have emailed IceTV about it, but it is obviously just too much hard work. How hard is it ICETV? Give us an ABC HD guide please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only manually record abc hd...

Where are you from Jason?

You are the first person I have known who even has an ABC HD guide, thats why I am interested in knowing where you are from.

Jason W

Hi Timboi,

I am on the Gold Coast and I use MythTV. Here's my xmltv IDs if they're useful at all. I'm guessing that each region has their own IDs but I haven't checked this.

mysql> select channum,callsign,xmltvid from channel where channum in (2,20,21);
+---------+-------------------+---------+
| channum | callsign          | xmltvid |
| 20      | ABC HDTV          | 142     |
| 2       | ABC TV Queensland | 129     |
| 21      | ABC2              | 139     |
3 rows in set (0.02 sec)

I have just checked the XML file I grabbed approximately 1 hour ago and I see two programs on ABC HD:

• 2007-02-17 21:30:00 +1000: The West Wing
  • 2007-02-18 19:30:00 +1000: Planet Earth

Timboi

sorry jason,

i am an mce user....

still should stop icetv from giving me an abc hd guide listing tho....

cheers
Timboi

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Tim,

As I said in the message I sent you, the channels mappings of MCE will need to be checked to ensure that ABC HD is "Added" to ABC HDTV.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.