Setting the Humax remote to emulate other remotes

Started by scottb, February 13, 2012, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottb

Hi,

I read in a review that you can program the Humax remote to emulate other remote controls, i.e. to turn the TV on and off. It seems to be able to do this via the top set of buttons on the remote but I have no idea how I program the remote to emulate my current TV remote. I realise that you have to enter a code but does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks,

Scott.

swamprat96

Page 74 of the manual explains it:
1. Using the Universal Remote Control
1. Select the mode(PVR, TV, DVD, AUDIO) you want to set by pressing the corresponding button on the
remote control. The button will blink once.
2. Keep pressing the button for 3 seconds until the button lights on.
3. Enter the 3-digit code. Every time a number is entered, the button will blink. When the third digit is
entered, the button will blink twice.
4. If a valid 3-digit code is entered, the product will power off.
5. Press the OK button and the mode button will blink three times. The setup is complete.
6. If the product does not power off, repeat the instruction from 3 to 5.

scottb

The_Hawk

Plan B:  Grab a Logitech Harmony Remote.  We have the Harmony One (which is down to $150 at DSE and as low as $105 else where).  (Check Staticice).  No more crappy remotes with buttons you can't find in the dark, one remote to rule them all!

It does take a little fiddling with their software before you get it just right, but after a little while you won't know how you live without it.

There are cheaper models, in fact I couldn't stand the crappy remote that came with our second (read cheap) TV in the bedroom, the media streamer was also crap but even the low end Harmony remotes make life nice and simple.

mickmcd

Hi - figured I'd tag onto the end of this older one rather than start a new thread about the same topic.

I have just purchased a Humax HDR7500t. Was interested in also setting the volume control buttons on the remote to change the volume on my amp rather than on the STB. I am using the SPDIF pass-through connection from the Humax to my Amp, so the volume control on the STB is basically pointless.

I know i will probably end up having to go down the Logitech path, but was just wondering if I could avoid it for now.

Thanks...

Dave at IceTV

While the remote can support up to 4 devices (including the Humax) it does not support macros or volume punch through (where the volume buttons in PVR or DVD mode operate the TV or Amp device).

So you cannot set the volume to operate the amp while the remote is in PVR mode, but you can set the Audio mode to operate your amp. So to change volume on the amp you'd need to press Audio and then the volume button(s). And press PVR to switch the remote back to Humax mode. Luckily changing volume is not something you do often, like skipping ads, so the extra button press is not an inconvenience. And thankfully the mute button is right above the mode buttons so switching to Audio and then pressing mute is easy enough.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Doctor Whatuwant

Hello all.

Does anybody know the code for a Bauhn AS-39FHD1 TV? It's a fairly recent Aldi offering. I tried all the Medion codes but no luck.

Thanks.

Dave at IceTV

Try the NEC and LG codes, or the Vivid code. There may be a few codes that work - some with more buttons than others - so try a few other codes until you find the best one.

The specs for the Bauhn AS-39FHD1 TV say that it uses NEC 0172 remote codes. If you can google and find another brand that uses the same NEC codes you may be in luck. For example: The Vivid AT-23LEC1 also uses NEC 0172 remote codes.

Or try the Humax remote's auto/search mode to find a code that operates your TV.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Doctor Whatuwant

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 08, 2012, 12:17:31 PM
Or try the Humax remote's auto/search mode to find a code that operates your TV.

Did not know this existed Dave. Can't see it in the manual, how do I activate it?

Thanks,

Dave at IceTV

My Mistake. I assumed it would have an auto scan method, like other PVRs' universal remotes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Doctor Whatuwant

Last night I dug out a Logitech Harmony 300i universal remote that I got from Aldi a while ago and never used, cost $15.
Downloaded the commands from Logitech for the Humax and the Bauhn TV, as well as a low budget AudioSonic DVD player I've had for years. All worked like a dream. Even has a button that turns on the PVR and TV at the same time.

Cheers.

JohnOfFloreat

I was having a bit of trouble getting full functionality on my remote for my LG42LD460 TV.  I've managed to get most functionality working.

But in the process I've just read your recent post that says "Even has a button that turns on the PVR and TV at the same time"

This sounds like it would be VERY handy

Can you give me some tips about how to go about this?

Ta
John

swamprat96

He's using the Logitech Harmony- one remote to rule them all. Effectively it uses smart macros- so you tell it all your devices (TV HiFi etc) and then set up "activities" such as watch TV.
Then when you select watch TV- it turns all devices needed on and you can control all of them through one remote. Been using a Harmony 515 for years - perfect

JohnOfFloreat

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing