Loss of IceTV guide on new firmware

Started by optimistic, February 09, 2012, 08:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimistic

I've got an issue with my Humax HDR7500T and it looks like I'm not the only one...
IceTV support say this is a known issue and told me to contact Humax support directly, which I did but haven't heard back from yet.

The IceTV guide completely disappears at random ever since I updated to the latest 1.05.01 firmware.
The only way to get it back is to power cycle the unit using the power switch on the rear. Once it restarts the IceTV guide is restored successfully.
This is really annoying as everything comes up blank or worse yet - none of my scheduled recordings work.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

markb

Funny you should mention this because I have a Topfield 7100+ and for the very first time yesterday we started the PVR and had no EPG data at all. Restarted it and the EPG came back. I have never seen this before in the 18 months I have been using it + ICE. Could there be ICE website/data problems recently?

swamprat96

I've seen this too on my Humax - but scrolling down one channel in the guide mysteriously restores it. Try that first and see if yours is the same. - ie- guide comes up blank- scroll down one place and it all appears.

optimistic

I think IceTV had some server problems last week so it may have been a coincidence markb.

Thanks, swamprat96 I'll give that a try next time it happens... so far it's been OK.

Also, I did get a reply from Humax. They just told me to do a factory reset after I told them in the email that I already tried that ::)
Worst "support" ever...

Does anyone know if I can go back to the previous 1.04.00 firmware if it keeps happening?

toppytools

Quote from: optimistic on February 11, 2012, 04:37:46 PM
Does anyone know if I can go back to the previous 1.04.00 firmware if it keeps happening?
Yes, if you can find a copy of the older firmware.

Once I had a partially blank guide where only a few shows on 2 channels were missing. Scrolling between the shows and channels made the program info appear and disappear. I didn't do anything to fix it as these were the shows that were on now and next and all other guide data was ok (so in an hour or two the problem was gone).

The other time the guide had a problem it was completely blank and I had to switch it off and on at the rear switch.

Even when the guide is blank my recordings had kept recording.