Ice tv asking for username and password

Started by swamprat96, January 30, 2012, 08:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Just started doing this tonight. When I enter the details it says "can't confirm due to the status of the Ice TV server"?

Air490

I am having the same problem.  I am about to email them and find out what is wrong.

Dave at IceTV

I am investigating the cause of this at the moment. I'll post back when I have the answer.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

This should be working again. If not, it will be soon. It was due to a DNS change that takes time to filter through to all DNS servers.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Yes, I had some problems with DNS resolution of IceTV's server addresses yesterday. At one stage I could resolve the IceTV addresses without problems (using nslookup) if I used google-public-dns-a.google.com (8.8.8.8), but not if I used either of my ISP's DNS servers.

The problem, however, resolved itself (so to speak) an hour or so after I first noticed it. I only ever saw symptoms on the IceTV guide web pages and this forum site; I didn't check on my PVRs, but I would have expected that they would likewise have had problems with the guide and with timer updates. However, as they are both Beyonwiz PVRs they may well have shown different symptoms, anyway.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

swamprat96

Thanhd

I'm having the same problem with my next humax.  Please help?

gomaxx

ubermensch

I have had this happen twice in the last couple of weeks. I don't know it has disconnected until I go to watch something I had programmed to record and find it's not there. This is very frustrating and it would be good to know how to troubleshoot this.

UM