SRT subtitle files

Started by swamprat96, January 24, 2012, 08:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Does the Humax support these? I can't seem to make them work

scottb

Hi,

The TS files produced by the Humax should contain any sub-titles, for example when I play a Humax TS file in VLC I can turn the sub-titles on and off (just checked this).

If you use ProjectX to process the files you can make it produce a sub titles file, I think it is an SRT file but it may be one of the other formats, I have a utility that converts one to the other so if you want more info I can dig that out.

So the sub-titles are there, you just need a program to extract them, projectX will do this with some tweaking - at least I have done it for topfield files and the Humax should be the same.

Cheers,

Scott.

swamprat96

Sorry I was not clear. I'm talking about avi movie files that I've placed on the internal hdd.They are not recordings that the humax has made. There are srt files that have subtitles that have the same file name  as the avi file but the srt extension. That is what most pvrs expect.
The humax does not seem to see them

swamprat96

Heard from Humax this morning. SRT files must be in ANSI format to work. Just open them in notepad and save -  changing the encoding from UTF-8 to ANSI as you save