Converting Humax 7500 TS files with ProjectX

Started by scottb, January 20, 2012, 02:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottb

Hi,

Has anyone had success demuxing TS files from a Humax 7500 using ProjectX? I used to be able to do it for files from a Topfield but the files from the Humax just generate a lot of errors.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Scott.

toppytools

They demux as expected using ProjectX v0.90.4.00.  There were lots of warnings, but that's why you demux .ts files with ProjectX

How did you transfer the .ts file to the PC? It sounds like you transferred them via FTP straight off the Humax HDD.

Recordings transferred off the Humax HDD to a USB HDD are playable and editable on a PC.
Recordings transferred via FTP off the Humax HDD are encrypted and are not playable or editable on a PC.

To avoid needing to take the USB drive from Humax to PC and back again you can do the following to transfer editable and playable ts files to a PC:
1. Copy recording(s) to a USB drive connected to the Humax (via the Humax opt+ menu).
2. Use an FTP client on the PC to access the USB drive while it is still connected to the Humax and transfer the .ts file to the PC.

scottb

Hi,

Thanks, just downloaded the latest ProjectX (0.91) and it worked, presume I had my older 0.90.4 set up for the topfield and that may have been the problem, either way it is working.

I downloaded the files by copying to a flash drive and then using that to trasfer to my PC, I have an old external drive I may use but it wanted to re-format the drive so I held off until I can be sure that that will do to the drive!! If the re-formatting is Ok then I can use that with the Humax and just copy and then FTP.

But I can do what i want and in all honesty am happy with the Humax, a step up from the old Toppy 5000 SD box which I have a fondness for.

Thanks,

Scott.

scottb

Hi,

I now have everything working so I thought I would document what I do to get files off the Humax and onto DVD. I am using the latest firmware:

1. I use a 32GB SD card off my camera with a USB adaptor (SanDisk) to copy files off the Humax to the PC, USB flash drives work perfectly but USB hard drives seem to have formatting issues I have not investigate but the SD card / USB flash drive is easy

2. Use Project-X V 0.91 to demux the .TS files to seperate video/audio

3. Use TMPGEnc to encode the demuxed files to either DVD format or DIVX, TMPGEnc will then write DVD's directly

Note that if you rename the .TS files to .MPG many video programs will play them directly, my Western Digital Live box for example will play them perfectly as .MPG files - so no need to convert them! Of the PC programs VLC is by far the best and will play the .TS files directly.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Scott.

Note: Copying material that is copyright may be illegal... you get the idea!