Can't copy files to external drive

Started by scottb, January 18, 2012, 01:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottb

Hi,

I have a 7500 with the latest firmware and I am trying to copy a recording to an external USB drive. The drive is a USB powered WD drive plugged in the rear USB port and with the network adapter in the front port.

The system recognises the drive and I can see the folders on the drive but when I use Opt+ to copy/move a file while I can navigate to the external drive the copy button is greyed out and so I can't copy the file.

The same thing happens with a flash USB drive, it can see the drive but the copy function is greyed out or not working.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Scott.

Dave at IceTV

The red Copy button is always greyed out (disabled) if you are in a folder. You need to highlight a folder for the Copy button to be available. If you do not have any folders on the USB drive then create a folder first. Then highlight the folder and the Red button will be available.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

scottb

Thanks Dave. I can now copy the files to a USB stick but when I get them to my PC VLC won't play them, I understood that under V1.05 that I would be able to do this?? Is it worth going back to 1.04??

Thanks,

Scott.

Dave at IceTV

Scott, are you trying to play the .ts file?  VLC won't play any of the other files but it should play the .ts file.

KMPlayer can play them.  I can even play them in Windows Media Player in Windows 7 (may be due to having the right codec installed).

1.05 is better than 1.04. Even though the USB copied .ts files are the same with 1.04 and 1.05 the recordings copied to USB with 1.05 can be played back by the Humax (due to the other files included with each recording).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

scottb

Hi,

Yes I am trying to play the .TS file, also ProjectX doesn't like it either. It may be that it is off an HD channel not an SD, not sure of VLC can play HD files...

I use VLC to play the .REC files off my old Toppy Ok and am keen to be able to do the same with the new box.

Thanks,

Scott.

scottb

Hi Dave,

I tried copying a new recording last night and it worked, I can get it to my PC and play it with VLC. I am having probelms with projectX so not there yet but much closer, maybe it is because the Humax files seem to be 50 fps. I wil try another package called SUPER tonight to see how that goes.

Thanks,

Scott.