Recording- channel change

Started by swamprat96, January 13, 2012, 07:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Just want to be clear this is design and not a bug. If I set a program to record - and I happen to be watching another channel- does the unit change to the recording channel? I know many PVR's do this.

prl

Quote from: swamprat96 on January 13, 2012, 07:12:19 AM
Just want to be clear this is design and not a bug. If I set a program to record - and I happen to be watching another channel- does the unit change to the recording channel? I know many PVR's do this.

Good dual tuner PVRs shouldn't do that unless it's unavoidable (e.g you're watching an SBS service and two recordings start, say one on a Nine service, and one on a Seven service). Then the PVR has no choice: it must either abandon a recording to let you keep watching SBS, or force the live TV viewing to switch to either a Seven or Nine service (in this example). A good dual PVR should also allow simultaneous recording from two services from the same broadcaster (Nine SD and GEM, say), and viewing live TV from any broadcaster.

Don't know whether the Humax behaves like this or is more restricted about simultaneous live TV and single recordings.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing