Humax 1.05 version

Started by agabb, January 10, 2012, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chucky252

Dave,
In version 1.04 the files i got with FTP from the Humax were definitely encrypted but could easily be processed and made unencrypted with Videoredo ,i know, i have done it .
Then when 1.05 came along that was as you say ,different and you needed to either copy the files to a USB stick or to a HDD and then either( again tried and found it works) FTPed to the PC or the HDD or Stick removed and brought to the PC.It works both ways.
Thanks though for putting me on the right track to first copy the recordings onto Stick or HDD, why Humax does it this way is a myth as others don't do it( Toppy,Tivo ,Beyonwiz etc)

agabb

I've tried copying to USB and it worked OK for me. Does it work with HD as well as SD?

Andrew

toppytools

It should work the same for HD and SD recordings.

The_Hawk

To save a whole new thread...

Am I reading correctly that I can copy a file to a USB device and it's automatically decrypted, but I can't FTP in to the box and copy it off that way and then be able to edit or even play it!!??

(I'm running a new 7500T which I let upgrade it's own firmware).

swamprat96

I haven't tried it and from scottb's posts I believe that you at correct. But another poster indicated that he could play the ts files via DLNA on his pc direct streaming.
You would be doing us all a favour if you could confirm this.
Check chrispydogs posts under any feedback on Humax

scottb

Hi,

The encryption is removed when a file is copied to external storage (you have to acknowledge the copyright screen), as the FTP transfer does not involve the box directly the encryption is not removed. If you attach an external drive, copy the files to that and then FTP off that drive (which I think you can do with the latest firmware) then you wil be an unencrypted file!

If you get the beta version of VLC it supports streaming from the Humax, quite cool. Note that the normal download verion (V1.x) does not seem to support this, you need the V2 beta.

Cheers,

Scott.