Humax 1.05 version

Started by agabb, January 10, 2012, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agabb

I've installed this version, and noticed some changes, so it is installed.

I still can't ftp .ts files (SD) from the Humax and read them on my PC with VideoRedo plus.

Copying them to a USB drive and physically connecting the drive to my computer works, as before.

Andrew

Dave at IceTV

Are these files that you have recorded since upgrading the firmware?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

agabb

Yep. Just tried it again. I've turned the PVR on and off etc. No difference, no joy.

Andrew

chucky252

Hi,
Where did you get the 1.5 firmware update? It's still not available.
Ftp should work easy if you set it up to Dave's specifications. Use Filezilla, its free and as good as ones you pay for.

user: humaxftp
P.W; 0000

When the Humax file arrives on your PC via FTP convert it per Videoredo and arrange for it to covert it to a MPEG2 file,voila its visible on your PC,or you can also use Aisoft Total Video converter.
Joe

agabb

The version is 1.05.01. I just checked (using TV Portal) and it's still there.

I do use FileZilla. And I use VideoRedo V3. Voila or not, I get an error (as before): Cannot Find PAT Packet ...

Please read my original post again. I can open .ts files OK, even those from the PVR, but only via the USB drive.

Andrew

prl

Is the FTP file transfer being done in binary mode? You can force binary mode in with Transfer>Transfer Type>Binary (at least that's where it is in the Mac version of WizZilla).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

agabb

It was set to Auto. I tried Binary - same result.

Andrew

prl

Quote from: agabb on January 10, 2012, 05:53:21 PM
It was set to Auto. I tried Binary - same result.

Andrew
OK, not that, then.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

chucky252

Agapp is right,
Since i have the firmware 1.05 which loaded itself onto my Humax ,i can't  play my downloaded files from the Humax via FTP or convert them with Videoredo as it tells me:   Cannot Find PAT Packet ..
Previously i could easily covert the FTP downloaded ts file into a proper Mpeg2 file and then play it.
No such fun any more,Seems to me those Korean software designers are not quite sure what they are doing?!?!

toppytools

As far as I know the FTP transferred ts files have never been playable or editable on a PC.

Version 1.04.00 added the ability to copy recordings to a connected USB drive and it is these ts files that can be played and edited on a PC.

Version 1.05.01 added the ability for the Humax to play it's own recordings after they had been copied to a USB drive.

I just do a 2 step transfer to copy an editable and playable ts file to the PC:
1. Copy recording(s) to a USB drive connected to the Humax (via the Humax opt+ menu).
2. Use an FTP client on the PC to access the USB drive while it is still connected to the Humax and transfer the ts file to the PC.

chucky252

A bit complicated,don't you agree?
I could with 1.04 transfer a Humax file per FTP and THEN convert it without fuss with Videoredo to play on the PC or make  a DVD from it or whatever. By itself ,you are right ,the file did not play. It needed conversion to Mpeg2.
If i had the file on a USB stick why would i transfer it per FTP then? I could just take the USB stick and play it on the PC? Do you follow my train of thought?
I found previously that to use an external HDD the Humax was fussy what disk you used,i used a Hitachi 500Gb and a Samsung 500Gb........was not recognized,Then i used a Saegate HDD and no worries, i have though completely dropped the idea of using the external disk as it is not bringing any results that would satisfy me.
Transferring per FTP is the way and if that doesn't work ,get them to fix it.

Dave at IceTV

Transferring from Humax HDD to PC via FTP has always created encrypted files (even in 1.04).

If you want Humax to remove the encryption on FTP transfers then contact Humax and ask them (the more people that ask the better). All they need to do is add the same copyright warning that appears when you enable Media Sharing. i.e. When you enable the FTP Server you agree to their copyright warning. EDIT: It may not be that simple. It would seem that the recordings are saved as encrypted ts files. Then when transferring to a USB drive a new unencrypted file is created on the USB drive. As FTP transfers are done by the FTP client running on the PC the file that is copied is the encrypted file. So they would need to change the way the shows are recorded in the first place, which may be a big job. Alternatively Humax could release a PC app that uses the FTP protocol to transfer recordings and save them as an unencrypted ts file.

Until (if) this change is implemented the method mentioned a few posts above about transferring the recording to a USB drive and then via FTP to the PC works well, and is a lot quicker than unplugging the USB drive and taking it to the PC.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Humax is signed up with Freeview as both a Freeview and a Freeview EPG manufacturer. If the Humax in question is a Freeview (or Freeview EPG) model, then as I understand it, limiting copying of recordings in this kind of way is a Freeview requirement. The manufacturer won't change this on a Freeview-badged product.

"Freeview - more for free". Or so they say.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

toppytools

Thankfully we are talking about a non-Freeview PVR. Currently there is only one Humax DVBt PVR model available in Australia, the HDR-7500T, and it is IceTV compatible so is not Freeview crippled.

prl

Quote from: toppytools on January 14, 2012, 06:51:06 PM
... and it is IceTV compatible so is not Freeview crippled.

There's no necessary connection between having IceTV and not having Freeview limitations. The Beyonwiz FV-L1 is Freeview badged, has the classic Freeview limitations, but can be configured to use IceTV. You can see for yourself that the FV-L1 is supported by IceTV just by going to your My Account>TV Recorders page, and looking at the dropdown list of supported devices.

There may be some connection between Freeview EPG badging and not having IceTV. I don't know of any counterexamples (Freeview EPG boxes with IceTV capability), but I'm not all that familiar with the Freeview PVR market, since my interest in having a Freeview-constrained PVR is so close to zero as to not matter.

IceTV's claim on their home page that "All IceTV enabled TV recorders can skip through those annoying ads in a flash with a 'skip' button on the remote control Click, click, click and they're gone!" is just wrong. As I've pointed out a number of this times on the forum since it first appeared on their home page.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use