TV4ME

Started by IanL-S, January 06, 2012, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

IceTV does not yet include EPG data for TV4ME and this makes navigation of the EPG difficult as the row is empty. This means that you are sent back to current time if you move past TV4ME. Would it be possible to include blank data in hourly increments to avoid this happing. It could include a message like "no EPG data available". The other solution is to delete TV4ME after doing a service scan. This means you cannot watch it ... not sure if that is a great loss or not.

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

csutak40

AFIK, TV4ME is informercial only, so I don't see how EPG can be provided for that
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on January 06, 2012, 01:16:17 PM
Would it be possible to include blank data in hourly increments to avoid this happing. It could include a message like "no EPG data available".
Good idea Ian.

Some people do actually watch and record TV4ME so having 1 or 2 hour time slots would make it easier for those people to manually set timers for whatever timeslot they wanted to record on TV4ME.

Quote from: IanL-S on January 06, 2012, 01:16:17 PM
The other solution is to delete TV4ME after doing a service scan.
Another solution is to make use of the PVR's favourites and leave out TV4ME (and all of the simulcast duplicate channels).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on January 06, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
AFIK, TV4ME is informercial only, so I don't see how EPG can be provided for that
TV4ME does have a program. You do get different infomercial programs at different times of day. I'm sure the audiences targeted by "The Renovator" wouldn't be the same as for, say, "Psychic Live & Interactive". You can check out TV4ME's fascinating program on either the Yahoo7 or the NineMSN TV guides (strangely, NineMSN doesn't have it included in the ACT guide, even though it is broadcast here).

For people who actually want to record TV4ME programs, 30min time slots might be more appropriate, because that's how the (small) sample I looked at was laid out.

Beats me how this kind of rubbish gets past the advertising regulations.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

bodogbodog

Just noticed there is now data in the guide for the TV4ME channel
Thanks IceTV
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

milhouseaus

Quote from: bodogbodog on February 11, 2012, 08:59:17 AM
Just noticed there is now data in the guide for the TV4ME channel
Thanks IceTV

No guide data for TV4ME here. Doesn't even show up in the channel list under my account settings. Surely it can't be too hard for IceTV to include it. There is a guide on the channels own website - as of now the next 4 weeks are available! Maybe they won't allow use of it? Have it on now and they just showed what's coming up for the next few hours.

prl

Quote from: milhouseaus on September 12, 2012, 09:01:56 PM
... Surely it can't be too hard for IceTV to include it. There is a guide on the channels own website - as of now the next 4 weeks are available! Maybe they won't allow use of it? ...
Try searching for Nine and EPG on this forum or Nine, IceTV and EPG on Google.

Now, while TV4ME is Seven, not Nine, the commercial networks do not appear to be interested in making their EPG data available to IceTV. At all.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing