Interactive missing EPG tab

Started by vincentp, December 27, 2011, 11:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincentp

I recently updated to the latest version of interactive (3.0.0.24), and since then the EPG is not updating every day. The app is missing the EPG tab that used to be there in the older version, so how am I supposed to schedule updates? Am I missing something or was the tab removed for a reason?

Using Windows 7 Home premium.

lukem

Hi Vincent,

The EPG tab was removed in the later versions as daily EPG fetches were not accommodating the large number of late changes made by the television networks. We therefore introduced a 15 minute sync cycle for both EPG changes and timers.

So updates will happen automatically every 15 minutes while the computer, and Interactive, are running.

Kind Regards,
Luke

vincentp

Ok, but why is it not actually grabbing anything when it does sync? I see Loading EPG 0% and then 100%, with nothing in between. When I somehow force it to do a manual sync, or when it starts up, it does load the EPG properly, and I see a lot more status events in the log.

lukem

Hi Vincent,

A manual sync downloads the entire 7 day guide, where as the 15 minute sync cycle will download updates to the guide (there may be none, or a few depending on the time of day). Restarting the application also performs a full sync.

Are you experiencing issues with the guide in Media Center?

vincentp

The incremental updates are not working, If I don't do the manual update then we never get any new guide data. This was all working well prior to 3.0.0.21. Nothing has change in my media center setup, the only change has been to icetv interactive.

lukem

Vincent,

Could you please download and install this version which should address the issue with incremental updates:

http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.25.exe

If you find that this still does not work for you then you can still install the previous version:

http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.16.exe

vincentp

Hi Luke

Thanks, that seems to have resolved the problem, I'll keep an eye on it but as of last night the guide was updating correctly.