Two questions regarding the forum

Started by rickym, January 09, 2012, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickym

Hi,

I use a forum at another website that seems to be very similar in setup as this one -- probably the same program.  Although, this one does have some extra formatting features that I like.  Thank you.

However, I do have two problems with this one:

1.  There does not seem to be a spellchecker -- or is it a matter that I can't see it for looking? 

2.  Sometimes, I can't post anything.  I hit the post button and the dialogue box at the top of the screen (top row, right-hand side) indicates that it is being posted with the little thingamy going around -- please see attachment.  However, several minutes later, nothing has happened and the posting has not occurred.  Is this a matter of teathing problems or, again, am I doing something wrong.

Cheers,

Rick

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure why the spell check option was not enabled. This has been done now.

As for posts not happening, I don't see a screenshot attached so can't really see what would be causing that.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

rickym

Sorry, I sent the post without the attachment by mistake.  Then I tried to change the post and add the attachment and it wouldn't let me -- well, it would not make the changes.  And the size of the attachment is within approved bounds (32 KB). 

However, the attachment is not necessary.  All it showed was the top right-hand dialogue box with the thingamy going around and around, but nothing happening.  It would spin forever if I left it.

Cheers,

Rick

PS.  Here's hoping this one goes!

rickym

Further to my post above -- I wonder whether the problem is when I try to change (edit) an existing post and it won't work properly to do that?

Rick

toppytools

On some forums, that can happen if someone posts a reply that quotes your post while you are typing your edit. It can also happen if the server is busy or your Internet connection is slow.