New firmware Humax

Started by lespato, December 21, 2011, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangerian

As a postscript to my last post,

I have been using a Toppy 6000 for donkeys now and decided it was time for an upgrade, the Humax 7500 1TB with lifetime ICETV seemed like the obvious choice.

The ICE TV sales rep assured me the Humax would do exactly the same file copy, edit as I currently enjoy on the Topfield. So I put my order in and the unit arrived in a couple of days.

Finally having the time to sit down and test the external HD transfer and file editing, I have hit a brick wall.

So I am asking the ICETV crew, how do you copy and edit .TS recordings from the Humax?
I was told by the lady ICETV rep on the phone that this IS possible, thats why I went ahead and ordered.

chucky252

Hi rangerian,
The external disk affair is nothing new.If you have a Video on your HDD that is NTFS formatted the Humax will see it and you can replay it but can't fast forward nor rewind the video.
Lespato reckons he got the new firmware 1.05 and it fixed his problem but it is not available now...who knows?
Bad customer support.
The file you got down is indeed a ts file which needs too be run through "Videoredo"a program that converts from any transport stream  (tp,trp,ts) to mpeg2.Unfortunately if you want to transport files to your PC this is the hard way as transferiing them via FTP is a bit easier.

prl

Quote from: rangerian on December 26, 2011, 07:47:05 PM
... But once there Mpeg Streamclip says the file format (.TS) is unsupported!!! ...
Do you get a popup saying "File open error: unsupported file type"? I get that on Beyonwiz TS files using MPEG Streamclip for Mac, but if you click on Open Anyway, they open correctly. Go figure. It may be because they don't start at any recognisable point in the stream. I've also seen "One or more transport streams have a bad size. Do you want to open them anyway?" Again, clicking on Open opens the file without problems.

YMMV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

chucky252

Hi,
You need to format the external disk on the Humax.  Go to Systems and find Storage and go to the external one and format it.If you are lucky it will format to what i read Ext.3. Only then is the drive usable to read from and write to.
When i try to format a drive ( external ) on my Humax it tells me : Cannot format drive ,internal error??????? what internal error?.
Bad software, nothing else.
Once you buy the machine they don't want to know you and don't want to take the machine back,no wonder as they would be stuck with it.

chucky252

Hi lespato,
I got a feeling they have ( Humax forum) barred me from sending posts,they are as bad as the Topfield forum,if one says the truth they just bar you.
Well anyway ,not the end of the world.
Regards
Joe

lespato

Hi chucky252

I had a look on the Humax site but I can't find a forum there. Why don't you try sending them an email. I have emailed them a couple of times and got a response. Give it a go you have nothing to loose.

Best wishes.
Les

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

I'm sure Joe (chucky) is referring to this forum. His problem is that he can log in and read topics, but when he posts any replies they don't appear, and his account does not list any posts made by him. Obviously he must have found a temporary way around it because he was able to post here about the problem.

I am going to get our developers to look into it when they return from the break.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

chucky252

Your external disk needs to be formated on the Humax not in Windows with NTFS.
In system/storage go to the second hard disk,the external one and format it.
I personally can't do that as when it is finished it tells me( the Humax) Error of some sort,forgot the exact wording.
So therefor3 my external HDD does not see the Humax once i format it with an error.
But as our Administrator Dave said,a new firmware update might well fix that or not,we will see once it is available  (1.05)
Joe

lespato

Hi prl

I have seen those forums you listed. They are mostly UK and European forums. I was looking for a local Humax forum on there OZ website. Something dealing with local issues.

Les

prl

Hi, lespato. My mail was more directed to chucky252, buy Dave at IceTV may have the answer anyway.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

chucky252

Yes prl,
It was the Aussie forum where i can't post.Joe

chucky252

OK, what you do is format the HDD external to FAT32 then it is formattable on the Humax to its own filesystem.9 System/Storage)

Also when transfering a film to the PC it won't show unless you run the file through the program VIDEREDO ( must buy it) and convert file into any other transport stream including Mpeg2.Then you can play it on the PC.
I found that using UNPN is the best way to see a film from your PC HDD via newtwork,not mucking around with external HDD's.
Hope this message goes through today as all the others went into .....who knows?
Joe

lespato

Hi chucky252

I use Videoredo also. It's a nice piece of software. Its worth the money.

Les

chucky252

I have had problems posting in the Humax forum soi am giving it another try.
Joe