New firmware Humax

Started by lespato, December 21, 2011, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lespato

Hi

The December firware for the Humax has been released. I updated my Humax last night and now I can play the files on my external drive. The files I copied pre firware update didn't play but everything I copy now plays great with full control. I think the version number is 1.05.00.

Les

Dave at IceTV

Where did you find it? It's not available via the TV Portal or from the download page.

Can you check what version you have on the Humax.
Go to "Menu > Settings > System > System Information" and not the last 5 numbers of the 2nd line, 'Software Version'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lespato

Hi Dave

I checked last night as I knew there was a new version coming. I got it from the portal. I selected update software and it said there was a new version available. Version 1.05.00 so I downloaded it and it installed. When I go to System information under software version it says UHTF 1.05.00.
As I mentioned in my earlier post it fixed my problems with my external drive.

Les

Dave at IceTV

Thanks Les,

You're either lucky or being used as a guinea pig because it's not there now  :-\   
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lespato

Hi Dave

I downloaded it on Tuesday around 5.00 PM. I keep checking every so often and I found it then. It has fixed my external drive problems.

Les

lespato

Hi again Dave

I have taken a picture of my system info and attached it. First time I have tried to attach a picture. I checked the portal a few minutes ago and it is back to the old version software. Guess I loged in at the right time.

Les

Dave at IceTV

I'm jealous. I wanted 1.05 for xmas  :(
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

chucky252

Hi lespato,
Have you stored the 1.05 firmware somewhere for you to share it? I assume you just did auto update ?
It is not visible anywhere and could easily fix my external HDD problems.
Anyway ...i will wait.The external disk is not so important luckily.

lespato

Hi chucky252

By the reply you gave me on your External hdd post I am quite surprised you don't have the tech knowledge to write your own firmware. But don't worry we all have to start somewhare.

Les

chucky252

Good one les,
Had this coming but no...i am not up to writing my own software,only saying after i read your post: this firmare could be what i need to fix my problem.

lespato

Hi chucky252

I emailed Humax a while ago and they advised me there was a software update coming in December so I kept randomly checking the portal and there website when on the computer. I checked the portal last Tuesday around 5.00 PM and saw there was an update to 1.05.00 so I updated through the portal. I don’t know if the new update was even on their website. When I checked there site it was the previous software they had there. I don't know why they have taken it down but all I do know is the PVR has never run better. I have full control of the external drive.

Les

chucky252

Thanks Les,

Thats good to know and as i said with the Seagate disk i have I have no problems,it was even formated on the Toppy 7160 ( also Linux based Ext.3) and plays on the Toppy as well as on the Humax.Other brands don't work with me but i must admit i don't have a WD drive like you use...it may well work.
These STB all have their own little illnesses.My Toppy for arguments sake won't take any USB flash drive and is very fussy .
Another point is the Humax site some of the links don't even work, that shouldn't not be like this.It makes a brand look amateurish.
And the fact that you got the firmware update ( good luck to you) and others can't is also a sign of weak administration or carelessness ??? Dave told me to go and get the new Firmware 1.05 but it told me ( the Humax did) when going through the portal to update it: You got the newest firmware already.(1.04)
Now you see why the machine has come down in price so much because
A: it isn't worth it and
B: the support for it is wonky.
Anyway i had my little whinge and will have to make the best of it .
Regards
Joe

lespato

Hi Joe

You are correct in what you say about Humax support. To start with the book has to be re written. It doesn’t go into enough detail especially about transferring files and so on. I believe it is a good product but falls down on support. To put up a new firmware update and then take it away is certainly weird. I can’t see any reason for it. I wish I had the 1.05.00 file on my computer I would certainly share it with you. I have been looking to see if there is a way to back up the firmware to a disc like can be done with motherboard bios.  I have been following the forums in Europe and the UK and Humax has a good name as far as I see.

The Topfield is a good pvr. I still have my old Masterpiece 5000 hooked up but file transfer using Altair was very slow. I have had doubts after purchasing the Humax whether I should have got the Toppy. But as you said they all have their illnesses.
I have used various flavours of Linux over the years and I like the Ext.3 file system but now the Ext.4 file system is even better. I don’t think the PVR’s have caught up to Ext.4 yet.

Anyhow Joe everyone is entitled to have a whinge when something frustrates them.

Happy Holidays.

Les

chucky252

Hi lespato,
All the best to you too for the festive season and a Happy New Year.
Let's hope the shares pick up and the firmwares will come in thick and fast in 2012.
Regards
Joe

rangerian

Oh this is B.S.

I have been stuffing around with an external HD and cannot get the Humax 7500 to read NTFS formated drives. I did manage to get a USB key drive formatted as FAT32 to transfer a 1.5gb .TS file to my laptop. But once there Mpeg Streamclip says the file format (.TS) is unsupported!!!

Currently running 1.04.00 firmware.

Blown about five hours of stuffing around, now I read Humax put out a patch and then pulled it. Why cant something just WORK as per the sales blarb?!!!