EPG Fetch stalls on 2460 after new November 2011 firmware

Started by Fester, December 07, 2011, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fester

Would IceTV techs have any idea why the EPG fetch on my Topfield 2460 stalls on a daily basis? This is occurring since updating to the new Novenber 2011 firmware. I am not the only one having this issue as several have mentioned it on the Topfield forum. The Topfield needs to be placed in standby and then rebooted to get the fetch to work again. Could it be an IceTV server configuration issue?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Fester,

We are testing to see if we can reproduce the issue. But nothing at our end would be changed by rebooting the Topfield. So if rebooting the Topfield fixes the issue then it looks like a Topfield firmware issue. Or a TAP compatibility issue with the new firmware (if you are running any TAPs).

Are you running any TAPs? JustEPG?

Does the Weather and YouTube still work when IceTV has stopped?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

wally3218

Also with this new firmware you do'nt get any yellow triangles anymore.
If you set any timers on the IceTV web site that clash and over lap you do'nt know untill checking your 2460 to see what timers that has been sent.
For example I can set 4 timers at 7:30 on 2, 7, 9, 10 only two will be sent.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Paul55

Hi Wally,
I'm getting the same stalled fetches problem with the Nov 11 firmware. Dave is looking at it for me.

Re yellow triangles: I got one today, so they are working. Mine showed up because I set a timer via JustEPG when the failed Ice fetches missed it. Once I rebooted and the fetches restarted, I got the yellow ''conflict'' symbol.

Fester

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 08, 2011, 04:35:13 PM
Hi Fester,

Are you running any TAPs? JustEPG?

Does the Weather and YouTube still work when IceTV has stopped?

Hi Dave, no TAPS with this firmware and yes the weather and youtube continue to work when IceTV has stopped.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Fester,

Just curious, are you using wired or wireless on the Topfield?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Fester

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 08, 2011, 07:38:23 PM
Hi Fester,

Just curious, are you using wired or wireless on the Topfield?

Wireless Dave and static IP, never had this issue with the previous firmware, just this new November update.

wally3218

Today I tried using mobile IceTv and set a timer for this afternoon.
When I got home l checked the TRF-2460 and the timer had'nt been set
The IceTV web site says my last fetch was 10 December, 2011 at 04:18pm with Topfield TRF-2400 (l'm using a TRF-2460)
The TRF-2460 is wired lan and on 24/7 does this mean with the new firmware that the topfield needs to be turned on and off daily.
There seem to be still some bugs with the latest firmware.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Dave at IceTV

Hi Wally,

From what we have heard, if you are using the Nov 2011 firmware you need to turn the Topfield off and on once every day to keep it working with IceTV. You may get away with rebooting only every 2nd day, but I'd recommend doing it every day.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

grahford

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 11, 2011, 03:13:12 PM
From what we have heard, if you are using the Nov 2011 firmware you need to turn the Topfield off and on once every day to keep it working with IceTV.

Wow.  That's a pretty big bug to get through.  Those guys are pretty weird with their firmware program as well.  Top Secret NDA stuff.  The beta guys on their forums aren't even allowed to talk about what is being worked on.  Hopefully it will be updated/fixed quicker then the last one :)

Fester

I have now put a view timer on my 2460, so at 3pm every day it wakes from standby and stays on for 45 minutes then goes into standby again. That way I don't have to be at home to do the shutdown/re-boot/shutdown thing to get the IceTV timers. Not ideal but at least a workaround until Topfield do something about this!

IanL-S

Weird stuff. I am seeing similar behaviour on my 2400. Also, it seems to be fatal if a timer fetch results in more than the max number of timers being sent (the max number is 70). Powering down does not restart the fetches of timers. However, EPG fetches are continuing

The really weird thing is that with the 7100+, while I occasionally get a missed download of a series timer, those timers are subsequently fetched. Both firmware are dated 23 November, so not sure if there was some tweaking to the firmware after the 3400 firmware was released, or if it is just a coincidence. I have taken no special steps with the 7100+, I do not ensure that it is powered down once a day

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

markb

Quote from: IanL-S on December 14, 2011, 03:59:17 PM
The really weird thing is that with the 7100+, while I occasionally get a missed download of a series timer, those timers are subsequently fetched. Both firmware are dated 23 November, ..

The latest firmware for the 7100+ from the topfield site is 06-Jan-2011. What firmware are you running?

PeteC

Just wanted to confirm the behaviour Fester describes. My 2460's fetch is also stalling after the Nov 2011 firmware.
I'll try the wake from standby workaround (thanks for the tip!)
But it is frustrating to have to go from the previous 'always on' state (to get EPG reliability) back to 'always standby with frequent wakes' to get reliability
I realise it's almost definitely firmware related, so will see if I can find a similar thread on Topfield forums

snorri

I too cannot get  my brand new 2400 to work, first thing I did out of the box was install Nov firmware, then opened up a ice account and have had nothing but failures this evening, no taps brand spanking new machine.

Ice tells me it has sent timers but nothing populating the toppys reservation (is this even supposed to happen under ice or is it covert/net only??) I do have the standard FTA EPGs with the only difference being splashed above with an ice banner (is the epg page supposed to reflect upcoming records when using ice)

Epic fail so far I must say.