Not available due to missed index file - error

Started by Wozza60, December 13, 2011, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wozza60

Hi Guys, it doesn't seem to matter whether I record from TV or a transferred file. I cannot Fastword or Rewind the program currenly playing.  All I getis the error: "Not available due to missed index file" is this a fault with my new Topfield Materpiece Plus 2460.
Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

prl

That sounds more of a Topfield problem than an IceTV problem. The Topfield forum may be a better place to ask about it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Quote from: Wozza60 on December 13, 2011, 08:07:25 AM
Hi Guys, it doesn't seem to matter whether I record from TV or a transferred file. I cannot Fastword or Rewind the program currenly playing.  All I getis the error: "Not available due to missed index file" is this a fault with my new Topfield Materpiece Plus 2460.
Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not completely clear what you are doing here. The index created automatically when the recording is created (it is probably the *.nav file or it could be the *.ini file). For reasons best know to Topfield, when playing media files rather than native Toppy files -- which are in the data directory (or files via DLNA) you cannot fastforward or fastrewind; there are TAPs that will allow this to happen. If the probem is with native Toppy Files, it can happen if the file has been edited (this is stated in the manual), you can solve the problem by deleting the associted *.nav file and running the RebuildNav TAP.

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help