Anyone running MythTV or other application?

Started by pvogel, March 06, 2005, 09:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvogel

Anyone running IceGuide with MythTV or anything else other than Showshifter, MCE or Topfield?

rwhitby

I'm running ICEGuide with Pocket TV Browser, which allows you to carry the EPG data on your Palm or PocketPC PDA.

http://www.doublebit.com/ptvb/

-- Rod

dJOS

After becoming sick of MCE's reliability/stability im about to emark down the KnoppMyth Path & I'd luv to be able to get ICE data into MythTV!
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Pete

Hi All,

I've been running MythTV (ver 1.9) now for about 6 months after perviously running Showshifter.
Experience with MythTV has been fantastic. Running it with 2 digital tuners, and seperated frontend/backend config.
IceGuide works a treat, although repeat status doesn't show up, and movies don't appear in the corresponding mythtv categories.
Can's say I've spent a lot of time looking into these (fairly minor) issues.

Stability is a huge improvement over the previously windows based system.

Peter.

Anthony

I've been using MythTV for getting on for a year now, but only signed up with IceTV today.  The setup process was better documented and easier than any of the alternatives that I've tried, though I am having a few teething problems with some channels not getting listings.

Jason W

I've been running MythTV for over 2 years now and I love it.

I had played with scripts which scrape data from eBroadcast, NineMSN and then d1.com.au but they were never terribly reliable. Since IceTV started their beta test I was hooked and purchased a 12 month subscription. Works great with MythTV. Best guide I've ever used.

I do agree with the movies comment however. Prefixing the titles with "MOVIE:" isn't the nicest solution. I would prefer the programs be flagged as movies as well.

Russell at IceTV

Hi guys,

Quoterepeat status doesn't show up, and movies don't appear in the corresponding mythtv categories

Can you refresh my memory as to what the exact problem is with these two things?  As for the repeat status, I don't know why that wouldn't be working, but if you can point me to a particular program I can check it in our database.  And the movie thing...  I seem to remember reading something about how Myth wanted a particular genre name or something, to mark it as a movie?  Anyone know the details on that?

Russell

Pete

Quote from: russell on July 13, 2006, 11:06:10 AM
Can you refresh my memory as to what the exact problem is with these two things?  As for the repeat status, I don't know why that wouldn't be working, but if you can point me to a particular program I can check it in our database.  And the movie thing...  I seem to remember reading something about how Myth wanted a particular genre name or something, to mark it as a movie?  Anyone know the details on that?

The EPG will categorise programs by genre (News, Comedy, etc). This screenshot is from the MythTV wiki, and my system currently displays correct genres for news, comedy, etc. but not movies.
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Image:LivetvEPG.jpg

As for the repeat flag, I think that is an issue for MythTV. I think it uses the flag for recording episodes, etc. but it doesn't display a nice 'R' when browsing the EPG.

Jason W

I can confirm the repeat flag is working here in MythTV (for both recording scheduless and when viewing listings in MythWeb).

It does not however give any indication about repeat status in the Program Guide within mythfrontend. I don't see how that's any fault of IceTV.

Russell at IceTV

Ah, I think I found what Myth is looking for in the guide to know if it's a movie or not.  I'm assuming what you guys are looking for is the ability to do a "Movie" search in MythWeb, and possibly some other similar places as well.  Now we have to do a little investigation to see if we can provide it in that format.  Stay tuned...

Russell

tick007

Quote from: rwhitby on May 02, 2005, 11:47:32 PM
I'm running ICEGuide with Pocket TV Browser, which allows you to carry the EPG data on your Palm or PocketPC PDA.

http://www.doublebit.com/ptvb/

-- Rod

Rod, this programs looks cool.  Do you think you could post your config for how you got this setup and working?  Might save others (like myself) time fooling around with ptvmanager.ini trying to get it working... would be most appreciated if you could give us a head start!  ;D

freetrial003

Quote from: Pete on July 12, 2006, 01:04:21 PM
Hi All,

I've been running MythTV (ver 1.9) now for about 6 months after perviously running Showshifter.
Experience with MythTV has been fantastic. Running it with 2 digital tuners, and seperated frontend/backend config.
IceGuide works a treat, although repeat status doesn't show up, and movies don't appear in the corresponding mythtv categories.
Can's say I've spent a lot of time looking into these (fairly minor) issues.

Stability is a huge improvement over the previously windows based system.

Peter.

I would recommend using MediaPortal if you want to stick with Windows the latest release 0.2.0.0 is pretty stable in my environment

redcane

Here is a vote for MythTv! Best PVR I know. Works great with iceguide, but I have had some issues, with myth knowing which is the original showing of a show. In my case Media Watch on ABC/ABC2..... But I haven't investigated what the cause is. In fact I'm not even sure how myth knows a continuing show.....

toholio

Quote from: pvogel on March 06, 2005, 09:39:30 PM
Anyone running IceGuide with MythTV or anything else other than Showshifter, MCE or Topfield?

I've been running MythTV on a dedicated computer in my lounge for a few months now. Beats any other PVR solution I've used but it can be a real pain to setup correctly.

markb

Quote from: redcane on September 09, 2006, 05:54:54 PM
In my case Media Watch on ABC/ABC2..... But I haven't investigated what the cause is. In fact I'm not even sure how myth knows a continuing show.....

Certainly the ICE data correctly indicates the second showing on ABC as a repeat. I use this to filter Media Watch in my favourites list (not for myth though).