recordings not getting scheduled

Started by tvmandan, November 10, 2011, 11:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Feedback on 3.0.0.21 would be appreciated. :) Any issues?

parki

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 08, 2011, 10:58:17 AM
Feedback on 3.0.0.21 would be appreciated. :) Any issues?

Pretty good so far! I had one small glitch: had a power cut one night which also took out the internet connection. The power came back and I started the HTPC, but the internet was down for a further day or so (thanks Telstra!). When the 'net was back up, Interactive didn't start talking to the server, just had the message "not authorised" (not 100% sure of the wording). Clicking "login" got things starting again, and it's now ok. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or it Interactive is supposed to just give up after a while. Anyway, thought I'd pass this on to you.

Apart from that, great work!

Steve.

tvmandan

Just checked my recordings and noticed that the IceTV website indicates that So You Think You Can Dance is scheduled to record tomorrow night however the recording is not scheduled in Win 7 MC. I have this set up as a series recording. This was the same problem as the previous version. Any ideas?

A_G

Considering going back to the previous version. 3 days running I have had different channels lose all their guide information and all the recordings scheduled for that channel. These werent reflected on the website. Not sure if that's better or worse than recordings not being scheduled  :o

lukem

Thanks for the feedback.

We've been able to reproduce some scenarios which can occur and result in the behavior you experienced. I'm working on 3.0.0.22 to address these issues (infact they are more work-arounds to the way Media Center handles guide loading :/).

By all means, if the old version is better for you, re-installing will be fine.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

tvmandan

Thanks Luke. Looking forward to an update.
Cheers
Dan

lukem

We've made a change to the way that incremental guide updates are provided to Win7 Interactive, which should solve the issue. This was a server side change only at this stage.

lukem

We believe the issue is now resolved.

3.0.0.22 BETA will be released soon which provides event accurate recordings. This means that the start and end times for a program will be automatically updated based on what's in the broadcast stream. :)

tvmandan

Hi Luke,
I also wanted to mention that the last BETA you released doesn't appear to start in the tray. Whenever I boot my computer and log in I get the full interface open on the desktop.
Cheers,
Dan

melmac

Quote from: tvmandan on December 10, 2011, 11:27:16 AM
Hi Luke,
I also wanted to mention that the last BETA you released doesn't appear to start in the tray. Whenever I boot my computer and log in I get the full interface open on the desktop.
Cheers,
Dan

+1 always opens on the desktop instead of shrinking to the tray

lukem

New beta available (3.0.0.23) at http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.23.exe

* enables the IceTV EPG to harness the present/following broadcast signals to adjust program start/end times. This results in more accurate recordings. To use this feature, you will need to right click a channel in the EPG and select "Edit Channel" -> "Edit Listings" -> "Enable inband guide" -> "Save". The next beta will do this automatically.

* logging is less verbose / more readable to the user

We're now working on automatic channel mapping, allowing IceTV to work "out of the box" and I'll take a look at why some of the startup settings are not being honoured.

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 14, 2011, 04:12:17 PM
* enables the IceTV EPG to harness the present/following broadcast signals to adjust program start/end times. This results in more accurate recordings. To use this feature, you will need to right click a channel in the EPG and select "Edit Channel" -> "Edit Listings" -> "Enable inband guide" -> "Save". The next beta will do this automatically.
Hi Luke. Can you please explain, in more detail, the above feature? I'm not clear on what the purpose of it is. I also thought that if I enable the inband guide that I'll no longer get the IceTV data?

We're now working on automatic channel mapping, allowing IceTV to work "out of the box" and I'll take a look at why some of the startup settings are not being honoured.

I thought that IceTV did automatically map the channels? I seem to remember that it did for me as long as when I install the program I run an EPG update before I load Media Center.

Cheers,
Dan

lukem

Dan,

It does for some if the channel callsign matches but there are some regions where this is not the case and the user is required to "Edit Channel" and "Edit Listings" to select the appropriate IceTV channel listings. There are also some areas of Australia that straddle two regions and so we are also looking into accommodating custom channel lists based on what your PVR scans. Essentially, we will obtain the scanned channels list, and DVB triplets and map that to our listings.

tvmandan

Hi Luke, Are you able to explain this a bit more. I'm not exactly sure what this feature means. Also, I thought that enabling the inband guide would disable the IceTV data?

Also, following your instructions I have no option to "Enable inband guide". I only have "Show no listings for this channel".

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Dan

lukem

Dan,

We haven't nailed this feature 100% but the idea is that by selecting "enable inband" in the channel settings we allow the present/following signal to adjust the IceTV guide listing times on-the-fly, but not the synopsis or other metadata as ours is superior to the inband meta data.

The known issues for this option, as you have discovered, are that the "enable inband" option may not be present. If you watch that particular channel for a bit then go back later and check the channel settings again it may appear. We are working on this issue for the next release.

Hope this helps.