Record show only ONCE per WEEK? Ch 31

Started by dwids, October 29, 2011, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwids

Any way to have a given show (part of series recording) to only be recorded once a week?  Reason is that Ch 31 may repeat the same episode 3 or 4 times per week. I'd say, due to budget, they don't provide episode descriptions for all series, such as "All 4 Adventure". 

From what I see the start time may vary, so I really can't use that to lock it down to once per week.

Or maybe allow only on a given WEEKDAY or in a given TIME-RANGE?

Fester

I record "Guitar God's and Masterpieces", Channel 31 on a Monday night, but it is repeated on a Thursday night in Adelaide, so unless I intentionally delete that episode it will be recorded again, so similar problem.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

FYI, the community channels are a tricky one because their guide data doesn't indicate repeats. However, we're happy to repeat flag something if we have info from customers that a certain showing is always a repeat. For example, if you're sure that Guitar Gods is only new on Monday night then we can repeat flag the other showings throughout the week for you.

Cheers

Fester

Thanks Madeleine, in Adelaide "Guitar Gods and Masterpieces" first showing on Monday nights at 9pm on Channel 31, is definitely repeated on Thursday nights. If you could flag the Thursday night episode as a repeat that would be great, thanks.

Madeleine IceGuide

We will repeat flag the Thursday ep of this show from now on. Cheers

dwids

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on November 11, 2011, 10:13:46 AM
Hi

FYI, the community channels are a tricky one because their guide data doesn't indicate repeats. However, we're happy to repeat flag something if we have info from customers that a certain showing is always a repeat. For example, if you're sure that Guitar Gods is only new on Monday night then we can repeat flag the other showings throughout the week for you.

Cheers

Thanks for this.  I think my original request(s) would make this a bit easier - let us have the option to record a given show only once per week, day or time-range.  Any consideration being given to that extra function?   

Wouldn't be that difficult to implement as you have the data already.