Phantom recording

Started by pelleigh, July 12, 2006, 08:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelleigh

Now it's hard to know when this started but...

Every Saturday evening bang on the dot of 8:30 my 5000pvrt starts recording Channel 2 (The Bill) and the title is called whatever is showing on Sunday at 8:30pm (currently Jerico).

There is nothing in the timer control settings to indicate that on every Saturday at 8:30 for the Toppy to start recording. ???

Help please - I can't stand the BILL!!! >:(

ICE EPG Loader GPL 200511111435
PBK 9.14
---
Never eat more than you can lift.
---

goldcoastguy

Could be worse. Could be an infomercial. Imagine waking up to find your Toppy had recorded 3 hours of Guthy-Renker!!

Maybe your Toppy is possessed by the spirit of PC Plod.

Seriously though, never heard of this happening before, but maybe try deleting all of your current timers and re-programming them.

Evan :->

Paul

Pelleigh, that is a bizare problem, sorry I can't be of any help, but the brains trust on the Toppy Australia forum may have some good ideas

Paul.

pelleigh

The silence on this issue is almost deafening. :)

In anyhow on Saturday I deleted all preset recordings and am pleased to say the problem with the phantom recording has (for now) dissapeared.

A big thank you for your input.
---
Never eat more than you can lift.
---

brianh

The only other option is a hrad reset - pull the plug from the wall & rests the Toppy; this usually fixes such issues, although re-creating teh timers from scratch is also a good idea.

Cheers,
Brian H