TRF 2400 missing recording and no red R icon

Started by adb, September 11, 2011, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adb

I had a Foxtel IQ box for 4.5 years, with never a problem, but got rid of it because we watch so little tv.  I'm really disappointed with the replacement combination of the Topfield + Ice tv.

From day 1, about 3 months ago, I have the missing red R on the EPG for certain programs.  Support told me to factory reset, which I did, which temporarily fixed the problem.  But it's come back again so although I can see programs are reserved in the reservations list via web access, there is no R icon in the EPG.  Really annoying as I don't know if something will record or not.

Now, having scheduled the rugby to record on Channel 9 today I found that it did not record it.  I don't have problems with other programs, which have recorded fine.

Apparently I have the latest firmware.  Does anyone else have these problems or do I have faulty unit which I should return? 

Dave at IceTV

Welcome adb,

The missed rugby program was due a bug in the Topfield firmware that prevents it from updating the guide if a program's start or end time has changed. This can then prevent it from setting a timer because the timer does not match the guide. This same bug can also prevent the red R showing up on timers that do not match the programs in the guide. The good news is that Topfield are working on a firmware update to fix the problem.

Even without the red R you can always see what is going to record by going to 'Menu > Recording > Reservation'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lejam

Good to hear they are on it. I just had the same problem. I have disabled IceTv for now so i dont miss any recordings. i record 5 days a week, i cant afford to miss stuff.

Fester

This is really starting to annoy me! Example, X-Factor set up as a series recording, initially showed to start at 7:30pm, but then changed to 7:35pm. This then forces the yellow triangle on the guide and it doesn't record. Topfield 2460, and is happening quite often, I find that I cannot trust the reliability of ICE-TV anymore and now prefer to set timers manually.

prl

That sounds more like a Topfield problem than an IceTV problem to me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Fester

Peter, when I set up the series recording the stated start time on the ICE guide was 7:30pm. The Toppy was happy until the guide then had a time change to 7:35pm. This obviously conflicts with the Topfield original reservation and a yellow "error" flag shows and the recording is missed. I'm not blaming iCE or Topfield, but if the ICE guide had not had a start time change from the original the error would not have happened.

markb

Quote from: Fester on November 15, 2011, 07:35:30 PM
Example, X-Factor set up as a series recording, initially showed to start at 7:30pm, but then changed to 7:35pm. This then forces the yellow triangle on the guide and it doesn't record. Topfield 2460, and is happening quite often ..

Yes, this is happening more often now. Big Bang last night in Brisbane was changed from 8.30 to 8.35 and no timer was set although I did catch a yellow exclamation on the web site when I checked why it had not started recording on my 7100+. With programs being changed more often now, this is something that needs fixing asap.

lukem

Hi Guys,

We have been working with Topfield Korea daily for the last 4 months on a new firmware that will address this issue (and many more). The firmware is currently going through final QA and beta testing and should be available soon.

Dave at IceTV

Just a heads up for tonight. Due to Seven airing an Obama special tonight a lot of tonight's shows on Seven and Prime have been delayed 30 minutes. The Ice Guide has been updated, but this change could affect Topfield 7100+, 2400 and 2460 owners.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

markb

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 16, 2011, 10:23:01 AM
We have been working with Topfield Korea daily for the last 4 months on a new firmware that will address this issue (and many more). The firmware is currently going through final QA and beta testing and should be available soon.

Thanks for the response Luke. So I will get an updated firmware on my 7100+, as well as the other TMS ICE-capable models (2400 & 2460)?

lukem

Quote from: markb on November 16, 2011, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 16, 2011, 10:23:01 AM

Thanks for the response Luke. So I will get an updated firmware on my 7100+, as well as the other TMS ICE-capable models (2400 & 2460)?

At this stage, the firmware will only be for the 2400 and the 2460.

Some of the new features included in the release will be support for locally generated timers, better handling of timers in general, ability to clear EPG cache, and more frequent synchronisation with the IceTV servers (down to 15 minutes)..

Will keep you posted.

markb

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 16, 2011, 07:42:50 PM
At this stage, the firmware will only be for the 2400 and the 2460.

I purchased my 7100+ direct from ICETV only 12 months ago. Given that it is essentially the same firmware as the 2400/2460 then I hope you will try to convince Topfield to apply the pending fixes to the 7100+ also.

wally3218

Why are IceTV advertising on the Topfield boxes when they know Topfield 2400 and 2460 have problems with IceTV epg.
Should'nt it be advertised as working 90% of the time.
Is there any PVR's that IceTV recomend that works 100% with IceTV EPG.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

prl

Quote from: wally3218 on November 18, 2011, 05:10:35 PM
Is there any PVR's that IceTV recomend that works 100% with IceTV EPG.
Although from what I've read on the Forums (not including the Topfield forum) Beyonwiz PVRs probably work better, in general, with IceTV that the Topfields, they're not 100% either. In particular, the IceTV server sometimes doesn't get informed that a timer has been successfully sent to the Beyonwiz, and the recording status icon stays as "queued" instead of updating to "scheduled", even though the timer has been scheduled. This has been a problem with IceTV on the Beyonwiz for as long as I can remember.

There are occasional complaints, too, of recordings not being scheduled at all, or of IceTV scheduled recordings not actually running on the Beyonwiz.

The DST update procedures for Beyonwiz are also probably less disruptive than for Topfield (IIRC the Topfield still needs a factory reset), but it's still a bit of a pain, and I'm still not entirely convinced that IceTV's instructions for the Beyonwiz DST update are quite right yet (though much better than they used to be).

I have no real idea how reliable any of the other IceTV-supported PVRs are.

[Beyonwiz beta tester, onetime Topfield beta tester, but before Topfield had IceTV Remote capability]
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

There is a new firmware (dated 22 November) for the 2400/2460 which address many of the IceTV issues.

EPG data corruption no longer seems to be a problem, and if it happens there is a button to clear the EPG data.

EPG and reservation download are more frequent. If reservation downloads do not take place immediately (assuming that you have told IceTV interactive to resend timers), putting the Toppy into standby and powering it up should get the timers to download.
:)
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help