Assigning listings to the right 'duplicate' channel in 2460?

Started by Numbnuts, November 17, 2011, 11:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numbnuts

Hi all,

Got my first PVR installed last night, (2460), as an 'upgrade' from a media centre PC as I wanted something more stable that needs less tweaking to keep working. So far, that's not being the case!
I've scanned the channels, fine. Ice TV linked, fine, and I re-sent my recordings and they appeared in the reservations. All good.

I saw all the duplicate empty channels, and did a bit of surfing to see what that was all about, No worries, I now understand what they are and how to rid them.

My problem is, I had two channels 7's. One is great, the other has no signal. Unfortunately, Ice TV listings are tied to the channel with no signal.

I did a factory reset and rescan, this time the listings went against the correct channel 7, but now ABC2 has flipped. I have 2 ABC2's, both receive a signal but one is unwatchable due to signal strength. The unwatchable signal is the one that has the listings against it and is the one that will be used to schedule recordings.

So, my first question is, how can I force the listing against the correct channel when there are duplications? (I've checked all the LCN's in my account on Ice TV and they are all set to the right channels). The awkward thing is, I guess, that the duplicates have the same channel number, (like both ABC2's are channel 22 but only one gets the listing ' the wrong one!).

Secondly, after resetting and rescanning, Ice TV the unit is no longer receiving the schedules from Ice TV interactive, (I did a resend all twice and left the unit on all night).

Any tips would be great, if I can't get this working flawlessly after all the troubles I've had with the Media Centre PC the Chief Financial Officer will come after me with her rolling pin!

Cheers.

Dave at IceTV

Hi,

You need to do manual scans for the 5 or 6 frequencies or 'real channel numbers' that the strong channels are on. All good ABCs will be on the same frequency, as will all good SBS channels, and all good network nine channels etc. so you only have to scan 5 frequencies - or 6 if you get a community channel.

First press OK to popup the channel list. The real channel number and frequency for the highlighted channel will be shown at the bottom of the channel list window. It will show something like "DVBt ch6 179.500MHz". This is the channel number that you want to do a manual scan for. Go through the list and note the channel number shown for each of the strong channels.

If you are in a metro area of a major city the channels you want to manually scan are: 6, 8, 11, 12, 44 and whatever your SBS channel is (34 in Sydney). Each network channel scan will find all of the channels broadcast by that network. Scanning for ch6 will find Seven, 7mate and 7two, while scanning for ch8 will find Nine, GEM and GO!, and so on for the other channels.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service