Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

adama

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 12, 2011, 04:48:10 PM
Quote from: wiltoppy on September 11, 2011, 10:32:01 PM
Hi David, so is it also a 2460 firmware problem that causes the IceTV guide not to be loaded after powering off the machine?

It also happens at other random times, but I think that might be due to wireless connection problems, but I am still to confirm that one.
Hi wiltoppy,

This problem is caused by another bug in the Topfield firmware that causes the Topfield to deactivate the network and disable IceTV if it cannot establish a network connection quick enough while turning on.

Hey I'm getting pretty tired of going without the guide due to this problem (esp when my 2400 is already recording, you can't turn wireless off or even access the 'installation' screen during recording).

Have you guys had success with older firmware for the network being disabled every 1 in 3 times you power the toppy on?

I might try a May 2010 - just not sure what functionality I'll miss from my current Feb 20, 2012 firmware.  Is the 'Home Media' improvement the ability to stream over wireless? I think I'd rather the rock solid guide over the other benefits....

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Matt

Topfield 2400 Masterpiece
Topfield 5000 Masterpiece

Dave at IceTV

In the older firmware versions before Nov 2011 you were better off leaving the Topfield turned on 24/7. If you are going to leave it on you may as well stick with the Feb 2012 firmware.

With the Nov 2011 firmware you needed to turn the Topfield off to standby once a day to keep IceTV working.

Other alternatives are Wired network, Wired to a wireless bridge, or Ethernet Over Power.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

adama

Thanks for the suggestions Dave.

I'll stick with this May 2010 firmware for a few days and see what proves more annoying (compared to the current anyway).

After only hours since the downgrade - I've already seen the return of the funky current recording display saying it's recording 7, 9 AND ABC all at once.....  This obviously is not possible and I recall several confirming the bug that was fixed with later firmware.

I might try the wired to wireless bridge method (as my current router is no where near the toppy to do wired).

Cheers,

Matt
Matt

IanL-S

The inability to access wireless setup when the Toppy is recording is a real pain. I have suggested to Toppro that this should be addressed in a future firmware release. I have found wireless to be more reliable with the Feb 2012 firmware; but I do not have signal strength issues as the access point is close to the Toppy (not more than 2 Metres). A wireless bridge will probably overcome this issue - I have my old 7100 connected via a wireless bridge rather then using USB dongle and it seem to be reliable (I do not use the unit much so I cannot be 100% certain).

You can get wireless bridges for as little as $40; I got a two port (10/100) D-Link one recently for $44 (only b/g, no n).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

adama

It's only been a week and I'm already upgrading back to the Feb 2012 firmware.

May 2010 FW - Too many issues with ICE TV, yellow '!' all throughout the online timers (even though my 2400 is actually recording most of them) and other timers being missed. However it never missed wireless internet connectivity!

I'll look at getting a cheap wireless bridge as the USB wireless dongle simply is not reliable when coming out of stand by.

C'mon Toppro, give the old girl a bit more time to get connected on startup!
Matt

IanL-S

I got a cheap D-Link wireless bridge the other day for around $40 to connect my old 7100PVRt to the network. It seems to be working well.

But the better solution would be for Topfield Engineers to deal with the issues on booting up with a wireless dongle and allow one to change network settings while the Toppy is recording (there is no technical reason for blocking out this option when the Toppy is recording).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help