2460 misses IceTV guide

Started by wiltoppy, September 04, 2011, 06:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiltoppy

For some reason my 2460 does not seem to show the IceTV guide at random times. Here is my log from my account page on IceTV & it shows that from the same wireless connection, my 7100 is fine but the 2460 (2400 from IceTV) didn't connect even after 28 hours. The machine is on 24/7 at the moment.

3 September, 2011 at 12:27pm with Topfield TRF-2400
4 September, 2011 at 04:49pm with Topfield TF7100HDPVRt

All I have to do is go to settings, IceTV, click ok & I get "Success to get device type" & the guide appears but without the timer recording set online. I can force a resend to get this though.

The same problem happens if I put the machine in standby overnight with the Logitech remote (want to power & control PVR / TV with one device), I then have to go to settings & do the connection again. This is a real pain to do every day. I go away interstate & have left the unit on with a few days of scheduled recordings, only to come back & find nothing happened.

From previous forum discussions, I should be able to set a dummy wake up timer, but since my machine has been on 24/7 & it still failed, I'm not sure that would work. I am in Melbourne & is there any known problems between IceTV guide & the 2460 or is it just a 2460 firmware problem.

TIA

wally3218

Today my IceTV guide on my 2460 running latest firmware and no taps 24/7  is showing multiple entrys on Gem
GEM Sat September 10
09:30-11:15  Movie: No time for Tears
11:05-12:55  Movie: Two way Stretch
11:15-13:00  Movie: Two Way stretch
12:55-13:55  Murder She Wrote
13:00-13:30  The Golden Girls
13:55-16:30 Movie: Harper
14:00-18:00  Movie: Giant
16:30-18:00 Movie: Prisoneers of the Casbah
17:30-!8:00 The Golden Girls Two rode together
18:00-18:30 The Golden Girls Once in St Olaf
18:30-20:30 Rugby Union worl Cup 2011
18:35-19:05 Antiques Roadshow part 1
19:00-19:30 Antiques Roadshown part 2
19:05-19:35 Antiques Roadshown part 2
19:30-20:30 Antiques Roadshow
19:35-20-35 Antigues Roadshow
20:30-21:30 CSY NY
20:35-21:35 CSY NY
21:30-22:30 CSI Miami
22:25-23:25 CSI Crime Scene Investigators
22:30-23:25 CSI Crime Scene Investigators
23:25-00:20 Conan

Why and what can I do to fix
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Davo@home

Similar multiple entries for GEM Antiques Roadshow, I think wally3218 your in Melbourne from some of your other posts, I'm in Sydney so looks like it is NOT the 2460 but ICE. The web site shows are all OK, my last fetch was only 30mins ago on PVR EGP.

There are multiple posts all over the forum about missed recordings and incidents of the yellow triangle (with the Beyonwiz machines as well as the 2460) I think this is all related, I have found multiple incidents of differences between the WEB based EPG and the PVR EPG even though fetch times are upto date - all evidence is pointing back to a problem with ICE.

dippy

Hi Wally and Davo,

Unfortunately, this is a Topfield firmware issue, and not a problem with the Ice guide data.

There are known issues with the later Topfield models (7100 plus, 2400 and 2460) not correctly updating their local EPG when we send guide updates. For example, if a channel changes the start time for a program from 11:15 to 11:05, Ice sends the update to the Topfield, but it fails to properly change it's guide. That can cause the duplicate programs that Wally sees, and the differences between our Web and the Topfield EPG; as well as missed recordings (because the Topfield needs a correct guide to update it's timers).

Topfield have been notified of the problem, and working on a firmware upgrade to fix it. Please contact Ice Tech support and we'll put you on our list of customers to notify when the new firmware that fixes this issue is released.

Note: There are other causes of failed programs, so it's always worthwhile to contact Ice support directly if you are having problems with recording errors.

David Peterson
Ice Technical Support
cheers
David - IceTV Support Team

Need help? Phone IceTV support on 1300 654 803 or Contact Us

Davo@home

Thanks David, this clears things up, I guess it must be frustrating for all concerned, lets hope topfield get it right on the next upgrade.

wiltoppy

Hi David, so is it also a 2460 firmware problem that causes the IceTV guide not to be loaded after powering off the machine?

It also happens at other random times, but I think that might be due to wireless connection problems, but I am still to confirm that one.

This is sooo annoying as I cannot guarantee any weekly timer settings in advance. If I can't rely on IceTV working, what good is it to me?
Tks

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: wiltoppy on September 11, 2011, 10:32:01 PM
Hi David, so is it also a 2460 firmware problem that causes the IceTV guide not to be loaded after powering off the machine?

It also happens at other random times, but I think that might be due to wireless connection problems, but I am still to confirm that one.
Hi wiltoppy,

This problem is caused by another bug in the Topfield firmware that causes the Topfield to deactivate the network and disable IceTV if it cannot establish a network connection quick enough while turning on. Topfield did release a firmware version in 2009 that fixed this bug by waiting a short while after turning on before fetching the Ice Guide. But due to the number of complaints about the delay in accessing the guide they reverted the next (and all following) firmware back to how it was before.

The solutions for this range from leaving the Topfield turned on 24/7 to using a Ethernet or EoP instead of wireless. Somewhere in between are many options for improving your wireless reliability (different encryption type, different wireless channel, adding an access point etc).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

wiltoppy

OK I guess I will have to wait for the upgrade, but I hope IceTV & Topfield become compatible soon. It is very annoying.

But another weird problem has come up that my 2460 & 7100 show different guides for a program change that CH10 has done tonight. They added Law & Order & pushed Good News World out, but the 2460 does not pick up the change where the 7100 does. Both are connected by wireless & even after turning off the 2400 & re-establishing contact with IceTV, still no luck.

How can this happen? Surely one guide is transmitted with changes included. Any thoughts welcome.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: wiltoppy on September 26, 2011, 07:49:11 PM
OK I guess I will have to wait for the upgrade, but I hope IceTV & Topfield become compatible soon. It is very annoying.

But another weird problem has come up that my 2460 & 7100 show different guides for a program change that CH10 has done tonight. They added Law & Order & pushed Good News World out, but the 2460 does not pick up the change where the 7100 does. Both are connected by wireless & even after turning off the 2400 & re-establishing contact with IceTV, still no luck.

How can this happen? Surely one guide is transmitted with changes included. Any thoughts welcome.

This is one of the issues that is being looked at by Topfield for the 7100HDPlus, 2400 and 2460 models. The older 7100HDPVRt is not affected as it has a different base firmware.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wiltoppy

Hi Daniel, thanks for the update & I guessed as much it was a firmware thing.

How much push does IceTV have with Topfield as it is ruining both brands to continue to have this fault.

Also I presume that the fact the following have no guide showing is also part of this problem?
12 - One, 21 - ABC1, 33 - SBS3, 34 - SBS4, 70 - 7Digital, 71 - 7Digital1.

What previous firmware does work the best with the 2460 as I don't care about Youtube or shoutcast. Just having an EPG is all I wanted, as I have had IceTV since the 5000PVRt.

BangFeast

I have a 2460 and it gets the guides all right but the recordings never get sent through tot he machine except for the very first one.

And my machine has been on for 3 hours now.

Wired ethernet too.

Oh well...

JPP

Quote from: wiltoppy on September 27, 2011, 01:08:38 PM
What previous firmware does work the best with the 2460 as I don't care about Youtube or shoutcast. Just having an EPG is all I wanted, as I have had IceTV since the 5000PVRt.
Try the May 2010 FW. Most people have found this to be the most compatible and stable. Just overwrite it and then do a Factory reset after you've loaded it on.

You can save all your timers if you run the TMSTimer TAP and use the Save function in it and the Restore function after it has rebooted after the FW up/down grade. The Toppy's Save and Restore built-in functions do NOT save the timers, and in any case you should not be using that on this occasions as the FW downgrade uses a different memory layout to store the settings.

Head over to the iTopfield Forum if you need any more info.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

wiltoppy

Hi JPP, tks for the info. I just downloaded the firmware (1.03) & looked at the next updates & the version 1.05 (Dec 17 2010) includes / added Home Media.

This is one feature I do use as I can upload to the 2460 HDD files of shows that the 2460 recording system has screwed up (plus others). I am worried that if I go back further than this, I will not only loose the ability to save files from external sources but also loose the files already there.

Anybody with experience going back to 1.03 had any issues with the Home Media function?

TIA

Fester

I had issues with both the March 2011 and the Dec 2010 firmware. The only thing that fixed ALL of my issues was reverting back to the May 2010 firmware. Been rock solid since! I do miss the Home Media functionality but a stable unit is more important to me, and of course keeping the other half happy!

IanL-S

The 22 November 2011 firmware for 2400/2460 has many fixes (particularly for those officiated with spontaneous rebooting), YouTube and most important of all IceTV EPG and IceTV Interactive seem to work as they should. EPG and reservation downloads are more frequent (every 15 minutes). EPG corruption and disappearing reservations both apparently fixed.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help