Daylight savings question

Started by toppytools, March 31, 2012, 05:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toppytools

Are steps 4, 5, 6 and 7 overkill?  Doesn't the guide data move 1 hour after disabling daylight savings (like it does on a Beyonwiz) making it unnecessary to clear and reload the guide?

1. Click "Menu' on the remote.
2. Choose Settings, then Time.
3. Change the "Daylight Saving Time" option to OFF.
4. Press Menu to go back to Settings, then choose IceTV.
5. Press the RED button while in the IceTV menu to "Reset EPG Data".
6. Answer Yes to the confirm you do want to clear the cache.
7. Check that your device is still selected.
8. Change to the Reservations page on your Topfield.
9. Press the YELLOW button to "Delete All" reservations.
10. Answer Yes to the confirm you do want to delete all reservations.
11. Turn the Topfield unit off.
12. Go to the TV Recorders tab on our website, and log in if asked, here: 
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editSubscription
13. Click on the 'Resend all recordings' link on the same row as your Topfield device.
14. Turn the Topfield unit on.
15. Leave the Topfield on for 15 minutes.

IanL-S

Good question. There is a post on the Topfield forum that suggests that with the Feb 2012 firmware you do not have to do anything ... the Toppy automatically adjusts for daylight saving and Timers are correct. Not sure how it knows that this needs to be done. The post is in the FAQ section of the Forum - one dealing with daylight saving adjustment.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

daylesfordpep

I am disappointed I didn't receive an email that changes were needed.  I am in a region that gets both Ballarat and Bendigo so all channels have to be checked on frequency as well.  I have just gone through this process for a another matter less than a week ago and IceTV never mentioned it would have to be done again for Daylight Saving.  I could have waited.  I have never had to change so muchon a PVR for Daylight Saving before.

If your Topfield has the Nov 2011 firmware or newer:

Click "Menu' on the remote.
    Choose Settings, then Time.
    Change the "Daylight Saving Time" option (Set to ON in Oct and OFF in Apr).
    Press Menu to go back to the main menu
    Select "Installation" then "System Recovery" then "Reset Service List"
    Select "Yes" to confirm you wish to remove all channels.
    Press Menu to go back to the main menu
    Select "Installation" then "Service Search"
    Change "Search Mode" to "Auto"
    Go to "Start Search" and press the OK button. Wait until the channels have been rescanned.
    Open the setup screen by pressing the "Menu" button on the remote control, scroll across to "Settings" and press "OK" on the remote.
    Scroll down and select "IceTV" by pressing "OK".
    Make sure IceTV is still set to "Enable". If not, set it to "Enable"
    Turn the Topfield unit off.
    Go to the TV Recorders tab on our website.
    Click on the 'Resend all recordings' link on the same row as your Topfield device.
    Turn the Topfield unit on.
    Leave the Topfield on for 15 minutes.

prl

Quote from: daylesfordpep on April 03, 2012, 09:37:44 AM
I am disappointed I didn't receive an email that changes were needed.
I didn't get one, either. But other IceTV users have posted that they did.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Sorry that you did not get the email. I believe the mail server crashed 1/2 way through, but we did resend the email to the remaining 50% of customers.

The only reason the Topfield steps are as complicated as they are is because there is no easy way, on a Topfield, to delete all reservations without the PVR telling IceTV that you don't want to record those shows this week.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

Wasn't this the reason given for non-delivery of emails last DST changeover? (or maybe my imagination). Anyway, I received an email dated 26th Mar containing info about what was on TV last week and some sales info, but nothing in it or subsequently about DST.

gasser

Well I don't recall being notified either...I expect better service if this convuluted setup has to occur with a topfield every 6 months....NOT user friendly!

daylesfordpep

I didn't get either email and Dave didn't mention it either.  Another weeks recordings lost.  Great!

daylesfordpep

Have just gone through the process (exactly)  both IceTV and Network had to be redone as well.