Prioritize Shows

Started by wally3218, February 14, 2011, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: grampus on April 17, 2011, 04:14:43 PM
As it is still a red doughnut, when the BW tries again in half an hour, then Ice tries to send the timer again, but due to the fact that the timer is already set in the BW, it then sends back an error.

Say you are right, that is the bit that I find bothersome. If a timer has been set on the Wiz, either by the Ice server or manually from the Ice EPG on the BW, why doesn't the Ice server just acknowledge that, and if there has been a scheduling change, then reconcile it?

Edit: that might run counter to another gripe I have with the BW. Where I have combined two consecutive programs in the past, the Ice server has overridden the combination. That does not happen with my Topfield.

Has something changed in the way the Ice server handles apparent conflicts between what is already in the BW scheduled program list, and what has been asked for on the Ice server?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

When the BW receives the timer, as it should,  it then has to acknowledge the fact that it got it back,  to Ice.
Now i'm assuming that there is a problem in the BW, and is caused by some erroneous logic, that makes the BW call for the wrong device,
So here's my whatif.
What if when the BW tries to respond with an acknowledgement to Ice that it has set the timer, and that ack  has the wrong device number set in it.
That may explain the red doughnut.  I.E didn't get the ack back with the right device set in the response, and it went into the big bit box in the Ice server.
As it is still a red doughnut, when the BW tries again in half an hour, then Ice tries to send the timer again, but due to the fact that the timer is already set in the BW, it then sends back an error.

That's not what I see. Normally, if I have a hollow "queued" donut even though the timer has been sent, the IceTV Web status stays that way until the timer completes. I don't recall ever seeing a hollow donut being "converted" into an error triangle in the way you conjecture might happen. It could be the way I sometimes get the error triangle when the timer has been sent, but I've never noticed it happening. It's certainly not the usual thing that happens with the hollow donut in these circumstances.

Don't know enough about the protocol, and its all guess work.

Yes, the beauty of closed proprietary protocols.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

kender

Quote from: wally3218 on February 14, 2011, 03:34:35 PM
Does anyone else think it be great if we could prioritize our favourite tv shows in IceTv Interactive.
So when there's multiply favourite shows on at same time we can choose which ones we want to record
At the moment you have to change which recorded shows you want and cancel the one thats least favourite.

If your still looking for a way to prioritise and avoid timer clashes then you may want to vote in the online forum poll about them including a REPEAT ONLY option so you can at least sellect which airing of a program you want to record.

The poll can be found at:

IceTV Forum »    IceTV Applications »    Interactive website and General questions