Feature requests

Started by lukem, August 26, 2011, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Greetings,

We are busy working on a brand new (and fully integrated) version of Interactive for Win7 which will add things like padding options, detection of last minute schedule changes, channel mapping and accessibility over Media Center extenders like the Xbox 360 which is due to be released in Q4 this year.

I would be very much interested in any suggestions and/or feature requests which you would like to see in the new version. Send us your wish list! :)

popybear

As listed by you:
1. record padding options - I presume these options will enable an over-ride of the pesky MCE default of "5 minutes after - when possible" which does not seem to work properly anyway. Any chance of modifying padding at the front also?
2. detection of last minute schedule changes. I presume this means the scheduling will be more in line with the program data actually sent with the digital stream rather than the supposed schedule to which the commercial channels especially take great delight in ignoring. (Except for the 6pm news and the start of a football match. Bah.)
3. channel mapping. I presume this means greater specificity in channel selection for series recordings. For example, Q&A is broadcast on both ABC1 and ABC News24 but a request for series recording should pick up only one of these broadcats/channels.
4. Accessibility over Media Center Extenders. I don't know what this means.

The first three would be monumentous improvements. I have one more but I don't think it is specific to MCE.
5. When searching for a title, say "MotoGP", there are many instances presented. By choosing any one and requesting a series recording, many instances are then scheduled for recording. This includes Qualifying, 125cc, Moto2 and Main Race as well as broadcasts both on One and Ten. I only want to record Qualifying and Main Race on One but have not been able to achieve that. Perhaps I'm just dumb. The same problem of multiple and unwanted recordings often applies to programs that are broadcast or re-broadcast on ABC1 and ABC2 and ABC News24.

Good luck guys.

lukem

popybear,

Your problem can be solved using the "advanced search" feature on the website, you can setup two keyword recordings:

(1) series:MotoGP episode:Qualify repeat:no
(2) series:MotoGP episode:Main repeat: no

Cheers,
:)

popybear

Thanks Guru.

I'll give that a try. If you don't hear from me, you'll know I have learned a new trick, thereby being an exception to the old rule - you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Cheers.  ;)

lukem

Here's a screenshot of our upcoming Interactive application, showing the main menu within Media Center. We are including some of the features which you'll find on our phone apps, like "My Week", "My Shows", "New Shows", and "Popular".

More screenshots to come.

Cheers
:)

Dave

Luke, it looks great.
When are you anticipating a Beta being available?
My bigest issue is the default padding in Media Center.  Basically Media Centre is dumb and doesn't realise that you may have free tuners when a program ends on one channel and another starts on a different channel (or even the same one).  It ignors the "if possible" option and just cuts the recording.
I manually change all my programs to hard padding (read between the lines, it's a pain in the a#$e) and deal with any conflicts that come up.  I'd like the option of setting hard padding via IceTV.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

Hi Cuddon!

Thanks for your comments.

We are planning to provide a padding solution on the server side. By keeping it server side and sending down the padding options with each recording task we can enhance and evolve the padding strategies on the server according to what our customers want without having to rely on our PVR partners to integrate new functionality each time.

We are aiming at Interactive V4 for Media Center Beta to be released around the end of October / Early November.

Cheers.

Adrian3

Id really like to see a fix for the issues where series recordings that are scheduled through IceTV (website or app) and those scheduled directly within Media Centre end up  messing each other up.

I had some bad experiences using Interactive to schedule stuff early on, and I disabled it for over a year. I've just recently re-enabled interactive, and I'm being very careful to only schedule the odd one off recording as I'm scared my series recording will become corrupt.

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on September 23, 2011, 03:54:41 PM
We are planning to provide a padding solution on the server side. By keeping it server side and sending down the padding options with each recording task we can enhance and evolve the padding strategies on the server according to what our customers want without having to rely on our PVR partners to integrate new functionality each time.

In Windows 7 to resolve the issue of Win 7 not using the spare tuner when you have back to back shows on the same channel you need to manually change the first scheduled recording to "stop x minutes after" instead of "stop x minutes after, when possible". This adjustment forces Win 7 to use the second tuner.

I'm wondering if the new version of IceTV can apply this as a default within Media Center when you schedule a recording via the website or app? So for instance, when I log on to the IceTV website to schedule a recording for my Win 7 pvr I am given the option to set a recording to stop 15 minutes after instead of the Media Center default of 15 minutes after when possible.

This would make IceTV perfect for me as now I have to adjust the recording settings within media center manually.

Cheers
Dan

tvmandan

Adding channel logos would be really nice as well. This would eliminate the need to install more software.
Cheers
Dan

Dave

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on September 23, 2011, 03:54:41 PM
Hi Cuddon!

Thanks for your comments.

We are aiming at Interactive V4 for Media Center Beta to be released around the end of October / Early November.

Cheers.

Hey Luke, how's Interactive V4 going?

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

Interactive V4 currently has the highest development priority, and I have an internal deadline to demo the basic version next week :) Our project schedule has it ready for release before Christmas, along with an exciting new product on which to run it...

Jaans

Quote from: tvmandan on October 09, 2011, 03:49:02 PM

In Windows 7 to resolve the issue of Win 7 not using the spare tuner when you have back to back shows on the same channel you need to manually change the first scheduled recording to "stop x minutes after" instead of "stop x minutes after, when possible". This adjustment forces Win 7 to use the second tuner.

I'm wondering if the new version of IceTV can apply this as a default within Media Center when you schedule a recording via the website or app? So for instance, when I log on to the IceTV website to schedule a recording for my Win 7 pvr I am given the option to set a recording to stop 15 minutes after instead of the Media Center default of 15 minutes after when possible.

This would make IceTV perfect for me as now I have to adjust the recording settings within media center manually.

Cheers
Dan

This is a massive issue (to me at least) and I don't think many other users realise it's an issue that can be avoided.

We all pad our recordings, issue is oftentimes when you have two shows running back to back the first one will either contain some of the second at the end or the second one will contain some of the first show at the start.

This is annoying as it wastes storage and is open to accidentally losing the start or end of you show when you delete the other show because you've watched it without realising that you should keep it around for the others.

We have four tuners in our system specifically for this issue and with the broadcast EPG its a non-issue. However, since switching to IceTV we've been having this issue ad nausium.

The option for recording the show directly after the other on another tuner must be the default behaviour for IceTV - not the other way around. If there's a tuner for it then use it!

Please IceTV - include this in the new version 4. Your customers are your best source of features and needs.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Dan for pointing this out... I didn't realise how this setting worked before.

Jaans

lukem

We're definitely listening..

So what we're looking at is:
- event accurate recordings
- better padding management
- tuner collision avoidance (TCA)
- automatic channel mapping
- integrated UI which is accessible over extenders
- logos (more bling, artwork etc)
- instance recording from phone apps, widgets, etc

and of course, you want iView and movies right? The good news is that all of this is being worked on rightr now and has the utmost priority and we are definitely making progress.

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 18, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
We're definitely listening..

So what we're looking at is:
- event accurate recordings
- better padding management
- tuner collision avoidance (TCA)
- automatic channel mapping
- integrated UI which is accessible over extenders
- logos (more bling, artwork etc)
- instance recording from phone apps, widgets, etc

and of course, you want iView and movies right? The good news is that all of this is being worked on rightr now and has the utmost priority and we are definitely making progress.

Luke, that all sounds great and I'm keen to try out a beta and let you know how I go if there's any chance I can get a copy.
Cheers,
Dan