Feature Request: My Week etc having colours or icons for Genre

Started by dwids, August 18, 2011, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwids

May have been suggested before, but would be cool to have this. Things would stand out more. Maybe initially system-provided colours (Movie = blue for everyone) but later on move to user-choice. 

Because of the way IceTV uses one 'level' of Genre I can see some possible issues. Hopefully, in the future, they'll redo the data model and split out the 'type' (Movie, Documentary, Series) from the 'genre'  (History, Comedy, Western). In fact I'll add that as my 3rd suggestion in a minute!

If they do that, then the Type can be an icon and the Genre a colour.

Priority = medium

prl

I'd prefer to be able to merge both my devices into a single My Week, and show recordings on different devices in different colours.

Coloured text could be used for genre, and that would work whether the show was being recorded or not. The problem with colours for genre is that IceTV has nearly ninety genres.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on August 18, 2011, 08:10:29 PM
I'd prefer to be able to merge both my devices into a single My Week, and show recordings on different devices in different colours.
I like that part of it.
The IPAD implementation merges devices for each day in the My Week pages.
Would love to see that in the website as well.
The different colors would be useful.
BeyonWiz, T3

JPP

Yep, totally agree too. Having just moved to the Apple world, I found that the iPhone App is a very neat merge of the widget and web interfaces. Hopefully, the iPad App will be even better.

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

There is a thread discussing the iPad App the would be a good place to make suggestions.

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2545.15

While I can't claim to be any closer to an update I have been looking at improvements to our web service that will make life easier for me when I do get to working on the iPad App. It is definitely on the roadmap though along with larger changes to Interactive.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

prl

Hi, Daniel. We're not really discussing the iPad app. It started with a discussion about the Web interface, and a couple of posters have said they'd like to see the Web interface look more like the iPad app.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

I understand that I was just taking the opportunity to point out a good place to make iPad suggestions for those that want to.

One of the biggest issues I'm having with management is convincing them that it's worth the time to do the iPad version and the question of what we are going to do with the extra space keeps coming up.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV