Error updating schedule (PIMP not working with PIMP server)

Started by Darryl, July 07, 2006, 09:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

After Installation and testing (ping, contacting the PIMP server, ...) PIMP does not send scheduling information to the PIMP server.

In the bottom of the screen and the Event Log I get the message:

Error updating schedule

with the text of the event:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at IceTV.MainForm.putLocalTasks(scheduler oScheduler)
   at IceTV.MainForm.processTasks(Object obj)
   at IceTV.MainForm.doUpdate(Object stateInfo)

I have contacted Support and Daniel suggested I put this on the forum to see if anyone else has seen it.

I have some manual recordings (not using the guide) and will check tonight to see if there are any old recordings scheduled from before I changed to IceTV guide.

Darryl

Found the problem. MCE PIMP cannot handle manual recordings (recordings not scheduled through the guide). I removed all the manual recordings and the error has gone away, PIMP is functioning correctly.

Eaglehawk

Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Database.GuideDatabaseConnectionException: Error in the application.
   at Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Database.GuideDbConnectionManager.get_Connection()
   at Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Guide.GetScheduleEntry(String strId)
   at IceTV.MainForm.getSEByID(String id)

I got this error message. A bit different to yours though. I have to restart the PIMP client to make the scheduled programs "take effect".

I've had to do it twice so far...

Shane

EagleHawk,

Try turning off the Guide Update checkbox in PIMP. I have this same issue and since turning that off it has gone away.

Leave the other two ON (DVB Fix & Reset Media Center ID).

I am hoping the Ice Team work out a way to get this fixed.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Eaglehawk

dberrett

Can you give a bit more information on this error?  Such as:  which version are you running?  What settings are you using?  Are you using the "guide fix" setting?
That will help us narrow down where the error is originating from.
Thanks.
Doug

Quote from: Eaglehawk on July 14, 2006, 08:40:41 PM
Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Database.GuideDatabaseConnectionException: Error in the application.
   at Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Database.GuideDbConnectionManager.get_Connection()
   at Microsoft.Ehome.Epg.Guide.GetScheduleEntry(String strId)
   at IceTV.MainForm.getSEByID(String id)

I got this error message. A bit different to yours though. I have to restart the PIMP client to make the scheduled programs "take effect".

I've had to do it twice so far...

Shane

I have had this issue since 1.0.0.0

I have DVB Fix and reset Media Center ID enabled. With update guide disabled I have no problems. With it enabled I get these errors in the event log.

To get around it I ;eave it unchecked, and just use Peter Rossers utility to change the guide update time:
http://www.pegasi.com/MceDlTimeEditor_0.1.zip

then let Media Center get its own guide.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Eaglehawk

I'm using 1.0.0.3

I still get the same error despite Shane's suggestions.

It doesn't occur on the first "update", but only after a few hours it seems...

I currently have the "Update MCE Guide" unticked, and the Reset Media Centre ID ticked as well as the Fix DVB Guide issues ticked.

My update frequency is 5 minutes, and the task now only runs on the one account.

dberrett

Thanks.  And what time are you running the guide update?  It is very strange, because I'm just sending an API call to Media Center to initiate a guide update.  The error actually looks like same error that the DVBFix was put in to fix ("database error"), but it is just the Pimp app reporting it instead of MCE.
Is this error showing up in a popup window or is it in the logfiles?  And when it happens, does it prevent the app from working any further?  And, if that is the case, does just restarting the app fix it?  Or does it take some other step?
THanks.
Doug

Quote from: Shane on July 17, 2006, 12:34:34 AM
I have had this issue since 1.0.0.0

I have DVB Fix and reset Media Center ID enabled. With update guide disabled I have no problems. With it enabled I get these errors in the event log.

To get around it I ;eave it unchecked, and just use Peter Rossers utility to change the guide update time:
http://www.pegasi.com/MceDlTimeEditor_0.1.zip

then let Media Center get its own guide.

Regards,
Shane.