ICETV Interactive.exe High CPU

Started by s3070416, July 06, 2011, 07:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s3070416

Hi,

I've been struggling with Ice TV causing astronomically high CPU load on Windows 7 for months now. It gets to the point where the machine becomes completely unresponsive to the remote control for minutes at a time.  I've followed the steps suggested, but nothing works.  I'm using IceTV Interactive Client version3.0.0.16.

Can we please have an official response about this from IceTV?

Thanks

s3070416

Does else anyone have any ideas why I'm the only one with this problem running IceTV Interactive under Windows 7?

Thanks

jerdimus

hey, me too.

i installed the windows 7 service pack and a few apps are playing up. the most broken one is icetv interactive.  i start it up and uses 100% of one cpu and doesn"t recover.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing changes.  and I can't get the gui up.

anyone? any ideas?

Dave at IceTV

It could be that your Ice program has a corrupted record that's stopping it from running properly. Please try the following which should fix it:

* First close the IceTV Interactive program by right-clicking on the IceTV icon on the bottom right of the screen near the time (It's a blue circle with a white X inside)
* Choose Exit

* Open “Computer” from the start menu.
* Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
* Open the “ProgramData” folder. If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:
1. Click on the “Organise” button in the bar at the top of the window.
2. Select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.
3. Click on the “View” tab.
4. Place a dot in the box marked “Show hidden files and folders”.
5. Click “OK”.
6. You should now be able to see the “ProgramData” folder.
* Open the “IceTV” folder.
* Open the “Interactive” folder.

* Delete all folders there. You should see a '3.0', a '3.0.0.16' plus a few more folders
* Run IceTV Interactive again from the start menu.

That should fix the corruption. Let IceTV know if that still hasn't solved your problem.

Note: Please remember that IceTV staff do not actively monitor the posted messages. If you need help please phone or contact support via the Contact Us link on this site.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Netweb

I have just ran though the above steps and CPU Usage has gone down from 25% to 0%

One notable absence from the above steps by Dave is that you may also be prompted with a 'File permissions check' dialogue, click change and accept any UAC prompts.

QuoteIceTV Interactive does not have permission to write to the C:\ProgramData\IceTV\Interactive\3.0 folder. This may have been due to a security setting on this computer.

Click 'Change' to try fix the permissions issue, or

Click 'Exit' to exit the application