Constant series recording errors

Started by jaxon7au, May 10, 2011, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxon7au

I have all of my shows set up through IceTV and only about half of them are sent to my PVR.  I keep getting little yellow triangles next to the ones that do not send to my PVR that say "series recording failed".  I have tried clearing out the cashes, etc, as suggested in other posts and starting from scratch, but still the same problem.

How can I find out what the problem is so it can be fixed as there is no information given??

Thanks

prl

I've replied to this same question where you asked it on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

TessaD

I am also having the same problem as this.

There are a few particular programmes that just will not record.  And it is not because I am trying to record anything else at the same time.  In fact, even if I don't use series record and just go to my guide on the PVR to record the program once it still does not record.  I have contacted support numerous times about this but after telling me a week ago that they would ask a senior developer to contact me within a day or two everything has gone quiet from them.

I want to be able to record Neighbours!!!

Hope somebody might have come across this problem before (no jokes about neighbours being terrible)....

prl

Do the timers for Neighbours appear in the timer list?

If you set a Once recording for Neighbours, does the timer stay in the timer list after its time has passed?

Would the recording for Neighbours normally wake the Beyonwiz out of standby? Do other recordings work out of standby?

"Does not record" covers a couple of possibilities. Is there no recording made at all, or does it make a recording, and the recording is unplayable?

Are the time and time zone set correctly on the Beyonwiz?

What model Beyonwiz and what firmware version (SETUP>System>Firmware>Firmware Information)?

All this has almost nothing to do with IceTV, and clearly nothing to do with the topic title.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

TessaD

Thanks for your reply, although you seem to be rather annoyed with me for posting and I am not sure why! It is exactly the same as the topic title and the original post and is an issue with icetv - i series record neighbours using icetv interactive, it looks like it is ok but then when i go back to the interactive plan later in the day there is a little error triangle beside it saying that there is an error with recording. No recording is made at all. Other things are recording fine and it is setup correctly.

Anyway, icetv support have now got back in touch and have been very helpful in trying to sort it out for me.

prl

Quote from: TessaD on May 17, 2011, 11:56:01 AM
Thanks for your reply, although you seem to be rather annoyed with me for posting and I am not sure why! It is exactly the same as the topic title and the original post and is an issue with icetv - i series record neighbours using icetv interactive, it looks like it is ok but then when i go back to the interactive plan later in the day there is a little error triangle beside it saying that there is an error with recording. No recording is made at all. Other things are recording fine and it is setup correctly.

Anyway, icetv support have now got back in touch and have been very helpful in trying to sort it out for me.

The bit about it clearly not being an IceTV problem may have come across as being a bit annoyed. My apologies. But it was based on this in your original post:
Quote from: TessaDeven if I don't use series record and just go to my guide on the PVR to record the program once it still does not record
I'm not sure how that part could be an IceTV problem, and the information in your post about what was actually happening was pretty sparse.

When you set up a recording using IceTV, it show up as a red series "donut" icon. This means that it has been entered as a recording in the IceTV database, and is scheduled to be sent to your Beyonwiz. When the Beyonwiz contacts IceTV, which can take up to half an hour, or when the Beyonwiz next starts running if it's in standby, whichever is later, the Beyonwiz and the IceTV exchange information about timers. If there is an error in setting timers on the Beyonwiz, IceTV shows the yellow warning triangle. The Beyonwiz doesn't send any more information back to IceTV than "couldn't set the timer", but the most common cause is that there are already two timers that overlap the one you tried to set. Occasionally you can get a yellow triangle when there wasn't an error.

Does a timer get set on the Beyonwiz for Neighbours when you program it from IceTV? You can watch the countdown to the next recording update on the Beyonwiz in SETUP>Network>IceTV. When it says that it's updated its "tasks" from IceTV, you should be able to refresh your IceTV page and see whether IceTV thinks the timer was sent, and check the timer list on the Beyonwiz to see if the timer is there.

And as I asked before, if you set a once-off timer manually for Neighbours, what exactly happens? Does the timer get entered in the timer list? Does the timer disappear from the timer list when its time has completed? When the timer should be active, does the recording show up in POPUP>Recordings? Is the result of doing this that you get no recording of Neighbours at all, do you get an unplayable recording?

Is the Beyonwiz normally in standby when the Neighbours timer is supposed to start? Is that different for other recordings that do work?

It may be that the problem with IceTV and the problem with timers set from the EPG are two separate problems.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

TessaD

Ok thanks.

It comes up with the red donut for series record but then changes to the error message later and nothing records at all. Same happens if i record directly from the pvr (it hadnt occured to me that this points to the pvr being the problem rather than icetv). It is showing as being set to record in the timer recordings and then disappears after the show without having recorded anything. I havent been able to look during the actual recording time to see the pop up, but it happens regardless of whether the pvr is on standby or not at the start of the recording time.

Anyway, icetv support think the problem is now resolved so hopefully this afternoon it will be recorded without any difficulties.

I appreciate your help and advice.

Tessa

prl

OK, sorry about the bad start on my part. Let us know how it goes after IceTV's fix.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

TessaD

Yes, I'm not sure what they did but IceTV support have indeed solved the problem.  Neighbours and I have been reunited.

Thanks again for your advice.