how long after resend on ice tv will recordings appear on pvr

Started by gmack, April 24, 2011, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmack

Hi
I how long should it take after I set a program to record on ICE TV web site and then resend all data from my account page for the programs to be visible on my Topfield trf-2400 menu under reservations ?
Thanks

prl

Up to 30 minutes, or until you bring the PVR out of standby, whichever is longer, under normal circumstances. Can be up to 30 minutes after bringing the Topfield out of standby on some older firmware versions.

There's an FAQ on the Topfield Forum about how IceTV works on Topfield PVRs. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, the Topfield forum is now completely closed to non-members (even for reading), so I no longer post links to that forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

markb

Quote from: prl on April 24, 2011, 07:10:17 PM
There's an FAQ on the Topfield Forum about how IceTV works on Topfield PVRs. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, the Topfield forum is now completely closed to non-members (even for reading), so I no longer post links to that forum.

Geez, I had not heard or noticed this but you are right. That is ridiculous.

Topfield have their hardware and the essential part of their firmware mostly right but they make heaps of decisions which I think are just plain stupid.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

There is a similar IceTV FAQ on the Beyonwiz forum (the Topfield one was adapted from it by Beyonwiz and Topfield forum member Jpp). The basics are pretty similar, but there are differences in detail of operation.

There's a link to the Topfield IceTV FAQ there, but it won't work if you're not a Topfield Forum member, and I have no way of checking whether it's still current.

Anyone, members and non-members, can read all the parts of the Beyonwiz forum that normal members can read. Non-members just can't post there.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Shadow

Quote from: prl on April 24, 2011, 07:10:17 PMThere's an FAQ on the Topfield Forum about how IceTV works on Topfield PVRs. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, the Topfield forum is now completely closed to non-members (even for reading), so I no longer post links to that forum.
It's just Topfield being over protective.
They don't want anyone posting anything negative about their products.
They don't like being told the truth at times, that's why their original forum was taken down, too much abuse and most of it was deserved.

prl

Quote from: Shadow on May 18, 2011, 09:05:21 PM
They don't like being told the truth at times, that's why their original forum was taken down, too much abuse and most of it was deserved.

Depends on which "original" forum you mean. The one hosted by DPG when DPG was the Australian agent for Topfield was pretty open and civilised, IMO. That forum was closed after DPG ceased handling Topfield products.

I don't really see much in the way of abuse about Topfield on the forums where they are discussed openly, like here and on the DVT Forum. Topfield's closed policy means that I no longer link to the FAQ about how IceTV works on Topfields. I can no longer read a post that I contributed much of the material for (JPP adapted it from a post I wrote about IceTV on Beyonwizes) without joining the Topfield forum, so I can't even check whether links to it are valid.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

Peter, what's so hard about signing up - costs nothing and takes a minute or so to do  :). We, the Toppy mods, also thought that doing that would be a great turn off, but people are still joining up every day - it seems to not have had a measurable effect on it's readership.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

prl

Quote from: JPP on May 19, 2011, 07:22:21 PM
Peter, what's so hard about signing up - costs nothing and takes a minute or so to do  :). We, the Toppy mods, also thought that doing that would be a great turn off, but people are still joining up every day - it seems to not have had a measurable effect on it's readership.
There's nothing hard about signing up, but why would I sign up to a forum I don't participate in? I intend to remain out, and continue to not give links to a closed forum, which I think would be impolite of me anyway.

The Topfield moderators are free to make their decision, and I'm free to think that it's a silly decision.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use