Possible to 'send' timers to P2?

Started by dddp, August 06, 2011, 12:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddp

Wondering if it there is a way of sending an timer update i might choose from the web ice guide to my P2 so that if i make a new timer event, or all timer events, it can be sent to my P2 straight away?

I've had some issues with the new region of WA regional being created for WA and was instructed by Ice support to do this as part of the fix process to get everything working as it did when i was using the "Perth" region.

I've had a look around the 'my account' web pages and my P2 but can't see where something like this might be. Any help appreciated :)
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

grampus

Quote from: dddp on August 06, 2011, 12:19:39 PM
Wondering if it there is a way of sending an timer update i might choose from the web ice guide to my P2 so that if i make a new timer event, or all timer events, it can be sent to my P2 straight away?

I've had some issues with the new region of WA regional being created for WA and was instructed by Ice support to do this as part of the fix process to get everything working as it did when i was using the "Perth" region.

I've had a look around the 'my account' web pages and my P2 but can't see where something like this might be. Any help appreciated :)
You aren't able to send as such.
The protocol relies on the P2 making the request.

Depending on the sequence you have gone through on the BW.
The BW will only make a request for timers about 30 minutes apart.
Or if you have forced the request, by reboot, or a disable/re enable the Ice function in the box,
the Ice server then makes a decision as to how long ago  there was a a send.
And may send a message "too many requests", and force the box to wait.

BeyonWiz, T3

dddp

Thanks for the reply - well, that's reassuring that i didn't find a 'send' feature. I know all about the too many requests message thing! My account shows that it's updated at 7.52am, 9.40am + 11.45am WA times - about every 2 hrs it seems

some of my timers have loaded, but they only go as far as next wednesday, there's 2 shows on thursday and 2 on friday that haven't loaded yet. Guess i'll just have to keep checking to see if they load up or not
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

grampus

Quote from: dddp on August 06, 2011, 01:41:18 PM
Thanks for the reply - well, that's reassuring that i didn't find a 'send' feature. I know all about the too many requests message thing! My account shows that it's updated at 7.52am, 9.40am + 11.45am WA times - about every 2 hrs it seems

some of my timers have loaded, but they only go as far as next Wednesday, there's 2 shows on Thursday and 2 on Friday that haven't loaded yet. Guess I'll just have to keep checking to see if they load up or not
The update in your account is only for the EPG fetch only, not any timer fetch.   It would be nice if they could include a listing of both and a small history of your multiple devices as well.
As to the Thursday and Friday, they only send a rolling output, up to five days ahead.  If your Thursday ones are in the evening, you'll only find them appear later on tonight. 
For example I have Spicks and Specks scheduled for Thursday 7PM, I don't expect to see that till tonight after 7PM.
Check out the "My week" tab.
BeyonWiz, T3

dddp

received an email from ice support, to resend recordings go to 'my account', then to 'tv recorders' tab and there you'll find the link to resend recordings with the note that you have to 1st clear the existing timers on your Wiz. Also you should clear the cache prior to resending recordings and leave your device on for at least an hour after resending
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

grampus

Quote from: dddp on August 06, 2011, 04:12:40 PM
received an email from ice support, to resend recordings go to 'my account', then to 'tv recorders' tab and there you'll find the link to resend recordings with the note that you have to 1st clear the existing timers on your Wiz. Also you should clear the cache prior to resending recordings and leave your device on for at least an hour after resending
Yep,
But you will still only get a 5 day set of timers.
And the hour is to let it cycle through a couple of requests.

Have a look at the Ice TV messages in the Ice setup screen on the BW, and you'll start to get the feel of the cycle it goes through.
BeyonWiz, T3