Problem no sound playing movie from iMac via Beyonwiz

Started by ozdownunder, May 19, 2011, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozdownunder

My Beyonwiz DP2 connects no worries with iMac in other room via house wiring and a couple of netcomm boxes. I selected a movie on my iMac HD via the Beyonwiz remote, and it appeared pretty rapidly on the TV screen -- however it played with no sound!  Think it was mpeg4 file. Do I need to convert the icetv recorded TV programs on the iMac to another format for compatibility to play with sound via Beyonwiz to TV?
Thanks for any suggestions

prl

It's probably a question better asked on the Beyonwiz forum, but anyway there's not enough information to help much. If there's not enough network bandwidth (Ethernet over power and wireless LAN can cause this), you can lose audio. Also low bitrate audio won't play on the Beyonwiz. 44.1 and 48kHz work best.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: ozdownunder on May 19, 2011, 09:42:09 PM
My Beyonwiz DP2 connects no worries with iMac in other room via house wiring and a couple of netcomm boxes. I selected a movie on my iMac HD via the Beyonwiz remote, and it appeared pretty rapidly on the TV screen -- however it played with no sound!  Think it was mpeg4 file. Do I need to convert the icetv recorded TV programs on the iMac to another format for compatibility to play with sound via Beyonwiz to TV?
Thanks for any suggestions

As Pri says, better asked on the BW forum.
But as a one liner, re MP4,
I play MP4 from my PC to the BW OK.
BeyonWiz, T3

tonymy01

More than likely you have hdmi and don't have analog audio output enabled, or the mp4 contains aac audio for the sound and you forgot to set this to decode rather than passthru (most amps and tvs won't decode this so u must u decode on the wiz).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).