ABC1 set to LCN 21 in IceTV, but sending LCN 2?

Started by dwids, April 10, 2011, 12:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwids

Last week I set, via my Interactive Account page, ABC1 to be sent to the DP-P2 as  LCN 21.   Just noticed the auto-record faves sent this week are still LCN 2. So I manually set a brand new timer this morning (thinking it may have been a hiccup with existing faves)...but it too just appeared as LCN 2 on the PVR.  Any ideas? Thanks. 

Slippety

I would like to resurrect this older topic.

I have the same issue.

I want to record the ladies golf on Thursday using Ch 21 rather than Ch 2 but no matter what I do, it always sets the recording for Ch 2.   

Is there any way around this??

prl

Set the recording manually on the PVR? Not ideal for repeats, but if it's a once-off, why not?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Slippety

Well I agree that is a solution and will do for me on this occasion, but it really begs the question.

The fact is that it doesn't appear possible to use IceTV to record ABC High Definition -ie  Ch 21.  Don't understand why this should be so, given that there is a function to set a specific LCN.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Slippety on February 08, 2012, 05:31:05 AM
Well I agree that is a solution and will do for me on this occasion, but it really begs the question.

The fact is that it doesn't appear possible to use IceTV to record ABC High Definition -ie  Ch 21.  Don't understand why this should be so, given that there is a function to set a specific LCN.

If you set a specific LCN on the IceTV website, then only that particular LCN will get guide data and timers set for it.

In this case however it doesn't actually matter as LCN 21 is not in High Definition. The broadcast for both LCN 2 and LCN 21 is exactly the same. The only HD broadcast that ABC have anymore is ABC News 24 on LCN 24.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Slippety

Thanks for that info Daniel - I didn't realise 21 wasn't high def.  However the fact remains that while I have set ABC to LCN 21 on the IceTV web site, all ABC recordings still go to Ch 2 - as per the original concern of this thread.  Is there something else that needs to be done to make this work (eg clearing cache)???

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The Beyonwiz PVR's don't generally update their cached IceTV channel information, so if you make a change on the IceTV website you will need to clear the EPG cache on the Beyonwiz to force a channel information update.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Slippety on February 08, 2012, 04:46:40 PM
Thanks for that info Daniel - I didn't realise 21 wasn't high def.  However the fact remains that while I have set ABC to LCN 21 on the IceTV web site, all ABC recordings still go to Ch 2 - as per the original concern of this thread.  Is there something else that needs to be done to make this work (eg clearing cache)???
Why do you care whether you record 2 or 21? It's exactly the same stuff.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Slippety

Quote from: prl on February 08, 2012, 05:16:50 PM
Why do you care whether you record 2 or 21? It's exactly the same stuff.

Well now that I know they are the same channel, I don't really care.....BUT....the issue remains ....why does IceTV let you specify a LCN and then ignore it???

No big deal, and I presume that if ABC decided to broadcast in high def on Ch 21, then the option to select that channel would be made available via Ice.

prl

Quote from: Slippety on February 08, 2012, 06:26:45 PM
No big deal, and I presume that if ABC decided to broadcast in high def on Ch 21, then the option to select that channel would be made available via Ice.
While the ABC only broadcasts in a single 7MHz broadcast channel, there probably aren't enough bits in the bitstream for the ABC to transmit both ABC 1 and ABC News 24 in HD and keep ABC 2 & ABC 3. The total available bit bandwidth is only about 24Mb/s.

This is only likely to change if the ABC gets more spectrum in the TV bands as part of the "digital dividend" from the shutdown of analog TV. But even when ABC HD had the same program schedule as ABC 1, the ABC broadcast very little HD whose source was high definition. Almost all their broadcasts on ABC HD were upscaled SD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use