Seven Melbourne Guide Messed UP Sunday

Started by zoszos68, April 03, 2011, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

Hi my Seven guide on Windows 7 Media Centre has an error. I have checked on two different machines.
At 6:55pm to  9:55 is a delayed coverage of the AFL Sydney v Essendon.

Now what is really on/was the AFL from 3 to 6pm and then the news, Sunday Night etc etc.

So what has happened is the the AFL match in the evening is added and all other shows are listed 3 hours ahead for the rest of the guide.
Yes strange and confusing. I have done updates of the guide to no avail.
Hopping its fixed soon or I will have to schedule other shows at the time I want till its fixed.
Kevin

tonymy01

Are you sure you are seeing the Ice guide and not the fta guide? In a beyonwiz forum a Melbourne guy there posted that the time is out due to the networks stuffing up with the dst transition.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

zoszos68

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 03, 2011, 07:37:03 PM
Are you sure you are seeing the Ice guide and not the fta guide? In a beyonwiz forum a Melbourne guy there posted that the time is out due to the networks stuffing up with the dst transition.

No it's ice due to the descriptions being ice type ones.
I was about to edit my post and say I found a temporary solution which is to use the Sydney guide till it's fixed.
The Sydney Guide is ok with the times for now.
I was going to use Adelaide as it is closer to being right but as the time zone is different everything would be half an hour out.

Will retry Melbourne one more time and if still wrong will leave on Sydney till I hear it has been fixed.
Kevin

Edit: I tried Melbourne again and it's still wrong as per my above post so as I said I will leave it on Sydney for now till it's fixed.

baturbo

Agreed. My guide is stuff. Also for GO.

zoszos68

I jumped the gun a bit as the Sydney shows are an hour ahead.
So I tried Brisbane and all times are correct.

Only difference I've seen so far is a late night AFL replay for Brisbane and few Minor prime time differences but nothing that I record is affected at least.
Strange things are a happening here.
Kevin

aja07

Agree, my 7 Ice guide is also way out grrrrr

zoszos68

Quote from: aja07 on April 03, 2011, 10:24:22 PM
Agree, my 7 Ice guide is also way out grrrrr

At least I'm not alone with this problem.
If not fixed when I wake I will ring tech support.
Kevin

Garyvx

I logged a case (via the web) at 9:00am about this issue because when I rang I could only get through to a recording.
I finally got an email response at 5:52pm that said...
"Thanks for that. I've checked my media center and I can see the error. Our programmers are on it at the moment. Please download the guide once more in an hour or so and it should be fixed."

Well at 11:21pm I've re-downloaded the guide and it's still not fixed.

I would have expected that extra support staff should have been on during the daylight saving change over as there always seems to be issues.

But then again when you look at the status of your case and you see cases that you have logged that are STILL open from 2008 (1), 2009 (1) and 2011 (2) and this does not include the one today, what hope do we have....

Come on ICETV this is a paid for service.....

Not very impressed...

Gary

mrmessy

Same issue here, Channel 7 is about 4 hours out.

zoszos68

Just did an update using Melbourne guide and Seven is back to normal!!!!!!!
I wonder what it was that caused it?
At least all is ok again. Then again I still have to update the main Media Center as I'm on the a second pc doing the testing.
If you don't hear from me then all is ok on the main Media Center.
Kevin