Recording from a specific CHANNEL, not network

Started by mearcat, March 31, 2011, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mearcat

I would like to record "How I met your Mother" only on Channel SEVEN only and not he episode aired on 7mate...

"How I Met Your Mother" airs :
Thursday 7:30pm & 8:00pm Seven
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 7:30pm & 8:00pm 7mate

but in the series recording option on the website, it only allows you to choose the Network, not the channel so the series recording will tape 8 episodes a week (2 on Seven, 6 on 7mate). Since they all air at 7:30pm and 8:00pm, choosing the Time option will not help either. Is there any way around this to allow me to record ONLY the shows on Seven and NOT on 7mate?  :-\

Or am I stuck with deleting the 6 episodes (which are actually repeats, but listed as such in the description)

Cheers in advance.

prl

This has been discussed a number of times on the forum, including in a topic that was started just last month. That topic appears on the first page in this very section of the forum, entitled Setting to record a channel rather than a network.

There wasn't really a need to start a new topic.

The answer is that if, as in you case, the series is a repeat that's itself being repeated on different days, the answer is no, it can't be done.

I think there's general agreement that not all the changes made when the IceTV Web site was last upgraded were for the better (individual channel selection used to be possible).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing