Started by mich@el, March 28, 2011, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mich@el

Hi Guys,

Heard back from Beyonwiz support and their suggestions were:
- Update to the latest firmware
- Confirm that the loopback antenna cable is firmly installed
- Restart the machine

Also, was asked by IceTV support yesterday afternoon to do a factory reset and as suggested on this forum was to disable 'DCM'

So...this is what I did last night (in order, in case anyone else has the same issue in the future):

1. Checked the loopback cable and it was connected correctly, so no issue there
2. Updated to the .350 firmware for the DP-Lite i (available from the  downloads section of the Beyonwiz site)
3. Did a factory reset (as expected, this wiped all channels, cleared the IceTV settings, reset the time back to default, etc) and restarted the box.
4. Rescanned all channels
5. Set the time to NETWORK and adjusted the time zone to GMT +11
6. Logged onto the IceTV website and clicked the option to resend all schedule data
7. On the IceTV site, confirmed that there were no duplicate LCN's
8. Setup the LAN settings on the box
9. Re-entered my IceTV details on the box and confirmed it was able to login
10. Set DCM to disabled (SETUP>Misc>PVR)
11. Waited for the next scheduled update form IceTV (this took about 3 minutes, if that)

This seems to have resolved my issue!!!  The scheduled recordings that I had setup on the IceTV site were downloaded onto my box and at the appropriate start time, I got the little message telling me that XYZ show was being recorded and it actually recorded the show!

Will keep an eye on things over the next few days, but fingers crossed it works from here on in.

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions â€" much appreciated.

Cheers
Michael.

prl

Very strange. I never had any IceTV issues with my Lite on firmware versions prior to 350.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Quote from: mich@el on March 31, 2011, 08:06:33 AM
7. On the IceTV site, confirmed that there were no duplicate LCN's
The duplicates I am referring to are not at ICE, they are on your PVR (if you receive two broadcasts of the same or overlapping channels for example, and end up with two ABC2 (LCN22) for example, or, in the case of newer firmware, an LCN22 and an LCN350+ both showing the same thing).
I would suggest the full rescan or the DCM disable has really done the trick, as a full rescan clears out the channels, and DCM ensures they don't dynamically alter if the box is confused (which is much more chance of happening if you receive broadcasts of the same channels for two locations for example).   

The thing is, I have never seen this in practise, but the newer firmware for the Wiz will not purge timers if they suddenly become irrelevant (e.g. you lose the LCN from the PVR the timer was set to record for when, with, say rescanning, or if you delete a channel from the PVR, or it has a DCM automated channel move action).  But the timer will have a marker or something in it that allows the end user to reset the timer to a real channel in the PVR timer list.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).