Main Menu

IceTV Gripe

Started by ngoodchild, March 02, 2011, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngoodchild

Over the last few months I've had problems with series recordings in Windows Media Centre due to the title of TV shows changing. For example "V" changed to "V (*New*)". Why? Has the staff at IceTV changed recently? I've been using IceTV for a number of years now without that ever happening. Don't they know that changing the series name breaks the recording.

Not only have series names changes but on occasion individual episodes have been given different names. An example is the Australian Tennis Open where each session had a different title. Eg. Day 1 Afternoon Session and Day 1 Night Session.

Has this been done intentionally to get people to use Interactive?

It is very disappointing that I am no longer able to select a show from the media centre guide, choose record series and have it reliably record from that day on.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have had a look through the system and cannot find any reference to "V (*New*)" and admitedly looking at that title I can't believe it would have come from IceTV. It would be best to check the channel listing for that channel within Media Center to ensure its using the correct '-IceTV' channel.

As for the Tennis, each session should have a different episode name, so you should be seeing "2011 - Day 1" and "2011 - Day 1 - Night Session", this is actually done specifically for Media Center to ensure that each it records each one if you have a series recording. If they were all just called "Day 1" then Media Center would only record one of them and ignore the others believing that its the same episode.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Just to confirm what Daniel has said, the series we have for V has only ever been called V. The over the air guide, however, does sometimes add words like New or Premiere to the title. We're careful not to do this as we know it creates problems for people. 

Thanks

OzRob

Quote from: ngoodchild on March 02, 2011, 09:41:47 PM
Over the last few months I've had problems with series recordings in Windows Media Centre due to the title of TV shows changing. For example "V" changed to "V (*New*)". Why?

This is happening because you are not getting the data from IceTV. You need to check in the Edit Sources settings for each channel that Inband data is turned off, and that the source for each channel is set to the IceTV data. It's most likely that one or more of your channels is actually getting it's data from the broadcast stream, rather than IceTV. Even if IceTV is set as the source, if you have inband data enabled for a channel, it will overwrite the IceTV data with that broadcast by the TV station. This data is notoriously variable in terms of series recordings in exactly the way you have described.

ngoodchild

OzRob - You're right. It seems that the EPG data is not coming from IceTV for all channels, even though I have IceTV selected in Edit Listings. Disabling Inband doesn't seem to help. I think it some sort of bug in media center. Maybe redoing the guide from scratch might help.