Beyonwiz nuisance display

Started by ozdownunder, May 03, 2011, 11:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozdownunder

Has anyone got a cure for the Beyonwiz over bright display? What were they thinking when they designed that! Husband complaining about it - I'm saying some bloke designed that. A woman would not have designed it like that!
Its too bright and the clock display lights up the bedroom at night - I've taken to putting a hunk of cardboard over it to darken the room.
Now I've seen this problem and googled on it I've seen on various forums people scribbling with a black felt pen over the display to getting at the machine with screwdriver and soldering iron :-) I wasn't aware it was so bright till I unpacked it and used it. Anyone got any sensible suggestions, or is there some setting I haven't found to dim the thing?!!

jillmess

I've taken to putting a hunk of cardboard over it to darken the room.
This is my fix - a piece of cardboard wide enough to just cover the round light, folded into a 'u' shape to slide neatly onto the front of the unit, and then bluetack to hold it top and bottom.  I even went to the trouble of using a texta to colour it black so now I hardly know it it is there.

prl

Quote from: ozdownunder on May 03, 2011, 11:45:47 AM
... Anyone got any sensible suggestions, or is there some setting I haven't found to dim the thing?!!
There's no firmware control for the brightness of the front panel LED. The only workarounds are the ones you've found already.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing