ABC Perth EPG

Started by pandem, February 26, 2011, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandem

Hello All,
Over the past day or so I have noted that the ABC network has no programs list in the EPG. Other networks are there and provide data
I have ensured that I can ping the ICEtv system.
Any ideas?

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

pandem

Good question - Beyonwiz dp-s1 running f/w 350
Interesting the Media centre has the ABC epg. I have checked the favourites on the wiz and all looks OK

prl

Have you checked the LCNs that IceTV is using (in My Account>TV Guide on your IceTV account pages) for the ABC services against the LCNs that you're watching the ABC services on on your S1?

Also, try clearing the EPG cache (from memory, SETUP>System>Initialise>Clear EPG cache). You may need to wait up to an hour for the EPG to refill.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

pandem

The issue is resolved. I took the hint to check the LCNs but I can not understand why they should changed.
The last service scan would have been after ABC24 started and the previous firmware update(f/w 01.05.334)
So that would have been Sept. 2010. All has worked well except for the last few days. I only watch the ABC and SBS so I would have noted it prior to this.
I did not check the LCNs I just ran a service scan and forced an ping. After about 50 minutes or so in came the ABC epg.
The ICEtv site told me that the epg was being download at the correct time.
So what has changed? Maybe ICEtv or the ABC?
If it was either I would expect others to have noted the issue, I guess.

Thanks for the suggestions.

prl

It's hard to say what might have happened when you don't say what the problem was.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

And last scan Sept 2010?  So this means your Eleven is actually on LCN12, and so you will be missing data for that also (and maybe Gem?)  Unless the Wiz DCM finally did the trick and worked for you (but I found when the Ten Network swapped LCN11 and LCN12 to introduce the new "Eleven" channel the Wiz didn't pick subtle swap up and I had to delete LCN11 & LCN12 and rescan VHF11, the frequency that the Ten network is broadcast on here).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

melmac

Interestingly alot of perth people are complaining on Whirlpool that the Tivo has dropped the ABC EPG too, I have not noticed any issues on my Ice EPG 7MC rig

pandem

This is getting interesting. The issue has returned.
First I noticed that most of my ABC timers all had a explanation mark and all had the LCN set to ZERO.
The next I noted that the ABC EPG had vanished again.
So what is the issue? The guide for ABC is on Media Centre which is derived from ICETV so that may discount ICETV.
Could we have a problem with the firmware in the Beyonwiz?

tonymy01

Disable DCM, perhaps you have some channel clashes and DCM is removing/adding channels in the ABC lineup and getting in a pickle.   If you are running the latest firmware, your timers should still be there, but flagged for you to edit them to point back to a known working ABC channel.   I would suggest running the latest firmware a doing a FULL channel scan, it will detect clashes and deal with them better than any of the older firmwares.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Nomad

Been in contact with the ABC guy who looks after the Digital streams, they swapped from main to standby stream/epg generator on Friday, it should not have had any impact but has. He is looking into the problem.

rgds Damon

pandem

Nomad congratulations you have provided the most likely explanation.
Since last week I have not any repeats of the issue.
Any word back from your mate at Aunty?

Nomad

No news a bit of discussion back and forward, Last night (8thTuesday) Media Centre lost EPG for ABC yet again. Anyone else suffer this?

rgds Damon