Setting series for a specific day - is it possible?

Started by kidhazy, February 16, 2011, 11:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidhazy

I'm looking to see if it is possible to set up a series timer to record the repeats of a show that occur on a specific day?

Reason is - if I record the first-runs of a particular show I end up with too many timers on a Monday.

If I can have the series timer to record the rerun of one of those shows that is rerun on a Tuesday I can solve my clashes.

I can overcome this at the moment by setting the specific time for the Tuesday rerun and it works.  I'm just concerned that if the rerun is rescheduled I'll miss an episode.

Any chance of getting an option to record a series only on a particular day or only record the repeats (the latter I doubt would be an option that many people would use).

Thanks,
kidhazy.

tonymy01

I would use it at the moment.   As per your prob, I had too many timers on Monday also (and Sunday!).   I noticed @#$% My Dad Says has a repeat encore later in the night according to ICE on Go! (but.... I set a timer for it for this week, and instead it was a double ep of 2.5 Men Ep....GRRRR).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Yes, setting a specific time for a recording to be made sort-of defeats the purpose of IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

kender

Its not quite the same as setting the machine to record a series on a particular day but an alternative way to avoid some timer clashes is to include a REPEAT ONLY option as this would allow the user to sellect which airing of a program he/she wants to record.

If your interested then you may want to vote in the online forum poll about ICE TV including a REPEAT ONLY option.

The poll can be found at:

IceTV Forum »    IceTV Applications »    Interactive website and General questions

dwids

Good idea. I - later on - asked for something that is so similar we may as well merge them. Mine is here http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3173.0

Mine was mainly a request for once-per-week of a given series, but I also suggested a given time-range or (like you) a given week day.

Lisey