Eleven or 12?

Started by csutak40, January 11, 2011, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

OK. I am very confused.  On both my HD TV and my Toppy 5K, Eleven is showing under 12.  Everyone tells me that I am alone in this, but I tried rescanning - it keeps showing up in 12 (I am in Melbourne)  I need to fix TED/S ini files to include the new channel, but not sure how to do that, not knowing whether to use 11 or 12.  I haven't even touched the Media Centre, that is such a horrible job, I will leave that till last.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

On the Toppy you will need to ensure that you delete all the Ten based channels first (Ten, One HD, One Digital, Eleven, basically whatever is currently in there) and then try the re-scan, it should then show up on 11 correctly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

cam

"11" shows up as LCN 12 on my Win7 MC also.  Seems to work out ok - epg corresponds to what's actually on the channel.  Futurama gets recorded, so all is well.  :-)

Cam
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on January 11, 2011, 11:32:35 AM
On the Toppy you will need to ensure that you delete all the Ten based channels first (Ten, One HD, One Digital, Eleven, basically whatever is currently in there) and then try the re-scan, it should then show up on 11 correctly.

Thanks Daniel, that worked.  Took me a while to figure out how to delete the channels, I just kept rescanning.  Funny thing is I have now re-scanned the TV and that has moved over to 11 as well now.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Ragdoll

I'm having the same problem with my Toppy. The guide shows the information for eleven on 11, but if you select it from the guide you get One. In order to see eleven, you have to choose 12. But 12 shows information for One. Sigh. I have rescanned the toppy, but still the same.

How do I delete all the Ten network channels? Someone at my office is having the same problem with his toppy too.

tonymy01

Press the OK/list button and follow the onscreen menus.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

raywise

I've got to say I'm having the same problem on our 7100HD+. Channel 10 services have been deleted and rescanned on the Topfield, and now the channels are correct, 11=11, 12= One HD etc, but the Ice guide is still reversed. Channell 11 has all the sports shows, and 12 has The Rockford Files etc. I have set our preferences on ICE TV to the correct LCN choices, but the guide will not change to reflect this.

Is there something I am missing here? Thanks for any assistance,  :)

raymondjpg

Quote from: raywise on January 17, 2011, 11:24:12 AM
I have set our preferences on ICE TV to the correct LCN choices, but the guide will not change to reflect this.

Is there something I am missing here? Thanks for any assistance,  :)

Did you save the preferences?

If so, waited for the Topfield to poll the Ice server and process an updated EPG? It can take a while.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on January 17, 2011, 03:19:48 PM
... It can take a while.
"A while" = "up to 60 minutes". At least that's how it is for the IceTV server for Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raywise

I did save the changes, and this was done last night, but when I checked this morning the Ice guide was still incorrect. ???  I'll change a few things with the LCN settings again online and see if its correct when I get home.

raymondjpg

Quote from: raywise on January 17, 2011, 04:44:55 PM
I did save the changes, and this was done last night, but when I checked this morning the Ice guide was still incorrect. ???  I'll change a few things with the LCN settings again online and see if its correct when I get home.

If LCN settings on the Ice server are correct, then sometimes changing the Topfield to FTA EPG and back again to Ice can trigger an Ice EPG download. Otherwise, with Ice EPG enabled, powering off the Topfield, and waiting at least an hour or more before powering on again can do the trick.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Does the Topfield cache the IceTV EPG data? If so, is there a way of clearing the cache?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raywise

:D Success. Just checked and everything is in sync, all good.

Just have to work out know why on our Ice account page it keeps saying "epg fetched etc on Topfield TRF-2400, when we own a 7100HD+, and it is marked as such on the device list. Oh well, minor thing!.

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on January 17, 2011, 06:17:38 PM
Does the Topfield cache the IceTV EPG data? If so, is there a way of clearing the cache?

There is no provision to clear the EPG cache in the options, at least with the firmware version 20090317 that has proven reliable for this model.

My theory (right or wrong) is that a hard disk reformat clears out old EPG data, including any awkward LCN mapping options in the EPG setup (if they are there). In my opinion, if you are going to restrict the Ice EPG download options to one LCN only for each channel on the Ice site then the EPG LCN mapping options box on the Topfield should be blank.

raymondjpg

Quote from: raywise on January 17, 2011, 07:08:38 PM
Just have to work out know why on our Ice account page it keeps saying "epg fetched etc on Topfield TRF-2400, when we own a 7100HD+, and it is marked as such on the device list. Oh well, minor thing!.

I would ask the Ice service people about that one. There is an email enquiry link somewhere on the Help page.