Phantom timer settings

Started by CEH, December 21, 2010, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CEH

We have a TF7100HDPVRT. Lately (last week or two) recording timers we have not set keep happening, including some timeshift ones we definitely didn't do.

Any ideas?

CEH

It just occurred to me that the issue may relate to our having two PVRs and TVs downloading the guide, and that the phantom recorder settings are from the 2nd PVR which our daughter uses. Is that possible? If it is, how do we avoid it?

grampus

Quote from: CEH on December 21, 2010, 08:09:19 PM
It just occurred to me that the issue may relate to our having two PVRs and TVs downloading the guide, and that the phantom recorder settings are from the 2nd PVR which our daughter uses. Is that possible? If it is, how do we avoid it?

I have a problem like that with 2 BeyonWiz devices.
The second one in my list occasionally gets the timers that are set for the first one.
The thought was that it was a BW problem, in that the second one would send a request for the first one in the list.

What I have tried to overcome that is I deleted both my devices, created a dummy one that will never get used .
That becomes the first one in the list, and then I recreated the 2 old ones.
So far I haven't had an occurrence..
But I don't think that I have had this get around configured for long enough to say definitevly.

Does the daughter complain that some timers she sets have not been set up in her device?

Have a look at this thread here, it may take a bit of bashing to understand the sequence, but if you get to the end,  it may give you an idea.

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2714.0

Are both devices Topfields?

BeyonWiz, T3