Control Beyonwiz DP-P1 via IceTV

Started by raj, December 16, 2010, 05:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raj

G'day,

I am currently interstate for around 4 weeks and I wanted to be able to control recordings via IceTV. Some channels have taken to changing the time of recordings to thwart PVR's.

Before I left, I made the mistake of setting the unit on standby. As a result, the BW will only wake up when a scheduled recording is to start.

Is there any way that the BW can be controlled via IceTV so stay on so that changes made via IceTV can happen as the information is exchanged?

Thanks.

grampus

Quote from: raj on December 16, 2010, 05:30:20 PM
G'day,

I am currently interstate for around 4 weeks and I wanted to be able to control recordings via IceTV. Some channels have taken to changing the time of recordings to thwart PVR's.

Before I left, I made the mistake of setting the unit on standby. As a result, the BW will only wake up when a scheduled recording is to start.

Is there any way that the BW can be controlled via IceTV so stay on so that changes made via IceTV can happen as the information is exchanged?

Thanks.
Set a daily "view" only timer scheduled for around an hour.  Do this on the BW.

That'll wake it up, any timers that are due to be placed will be set.
After the hour, it'll go back into standby.

BeyonWiz, T3

Gary

Given Raj is away, it might be a bit late to set that view timer, though good advice for the future.

If you don't have enough current recordings already as they will provide an opportunity, find a short daily show like the news updates and set a timer for that.

Once it gets to the Wiz, it should do the trick.

grampus

Quote from: Gary on December 16, 2010, 10:27:10 PM
Given Raj is away, it might be a bit late to set that view timer, though good advice for the future.

If you don't have enough current recordings already as they will provide an opportunity, find a short daily show like the news updates and set a timer for that.

Once it gets to the Wiz, it should do the trick.
OOps, missed the vital part of the information.
BeyonWiz, T3

raj

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a go.

I suppose this is what "catch up TV" is for :(

grampus

Quote from: raj on December 17, 2010, 08:32:28 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a go.

I suppose this is what "catch up TV" is for :(
I'm still recovering from a 3 week trip in October.
BeyonWiz, T3