Topfield Freezes

Started by lmsmith, November 29, 2010, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmsmith

Hi

My Topfield 7100HDPVRt has started to freeze at random but frequent intervals. Particularly annoying when it happens after the machine wakes from sleep to record a programme. The picture freezes, but sound continues to play. Switch it off and on again, and everything is fine.  This ONLY happens when EPG is set to IceTv - change to the FTA guide, and everything is fine (apart from the fact that the FTA EPG as terrible, and I'm paying for the Ice guide).

This seems to have started happening at about the same time I had issues with LCN mapping on selected channels (ie 2 or 3 weeks ago). Got most of it sorted out by factory resets and manual mapping, but I still don't have an IceTV guide on ABC1, and I can't send recordings to Go. Not sure if the 2 problems are linked.........................

AMLagonda

Seems a comon problem, Why cant they tell us if they are trying to fix it?  >:(

Now I have to go out and buy another PVR that is ICE TV compatable  ::)

Vortical

Quote from: AMLagonda on November 29, 2010, 05:35:20 PM
Seems a comon problem, Why cant they tell us if they are trying to fix it?  >:(

Now I have to go out and buy another PVR that is ICE TV compatable  ::)

Should be fixed

If not let IceTV know as they have found the problem within the EPG Data

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2793.msg13830#msg13830

Lisey

jeez overreact much? I hardly think its worth buying a new unit - just be pateint Ice TV are very good with all this, especially when its unit related and therefore not in Ice TVs control.

AMLagonda

I said that because they didnt give us any info that they were even working on the problem!

Not nice when a $600 box doesnt work with ICE TV  :-\

BUT

Its all fixed now (I hope)  ;D I do love my toppy

wally3218

After having my Topfield TF7100 working great for months it's now starting to freeze when using the IceTV guide it does'nt freeze using the free to air EPG.
Also the IceTV guide sometimes doesnt load or just loads one channel's EPG, my timers still get sent thru ok its just the guide I'm having problems with.
All my LCN's are correct and I've reset and cold booted the unit.
Sometimes I get the complete guide back then a hour later it goes empty again the next time it's checked, I'm sure this is a IceTV problem as I have'nt done anything to the Topfield.
I am still using the 20090317 firmware which I never had problems with. Has IceTV changed anything in there EPG which could cause this problem
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Vortical

There was a problem about a week and a half ago but it's supposed to be fixed and I believe the original problem was only affecting WA subscibers
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2793.msg13830#msg13830

If your still having problems now contact IceTV direct.
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact

IanStir

This problem has first appeared for myself tonight 3rd Dec in Vic.  I have a LAN connected TF7100HDPVRt ( no change for about 2years).

Any suggestions Ice tv or topfield welcome.

Topblah

Me too- started on the 3rd and the picture freezes but the audio keeps playing. Restarting only works for about two minutes and then it freezes again. I've found turning off icetv EPG fixes it. I've emailed support and we'll see what they say. Another guy with a 7100 posted the same thing on another forum with their 7100. I think icetv has done something from their end which has caused the problem. It coincides with switching off analog tv in nsw, which I doubt is a coincidence.

raymondjpg

Me too (I think).

Had a failed scheduled recording last night (3 Dec). PVR was still on this morning. i.e. did not shut down to standby after the (failed) recording.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

LaurensMeyer

Another me too.  Started last night the 3rd.  I thought the whole thing had died.  I removed the harddisk and did a factory reset replaced the disk with a spare and reformated.

Everything started working correctly until I connected to IceTV.  I would say that something has changed with the IceTV feed.

Topblah

Have you guys notified support? I've emailed them, but haven't had a reply yet. I'm sure they'll take notice if lots of people report the same issue.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Topblah on December 04, 2013, 11:32:02 AM
Have you guys notified support? I've emailed them, but haven't had a reply yet. I'm sure they'll take notice if lots of people report the same issue.

I have, referring this thread.

No response yet, which may indicate that they are trying to replicate the issue.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

coolbaci

This just started happing to me in Melbourne (Started around midnight tuesday morning). I've disabled IceTV and its all good, I've emailed support, so we'll see what they say.

craig.baldie

Put me down for having an issue as well in Melbourne. Started about 6pm last night (3rd Dec) and similar to others it only seems to happen with ICE selected as the EPG type.

Tried a factory reset but problem still persists.