setting program

Started by njbnellie, November 20, 2010, 09:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njbnellie

Hi, i have the FV-l1, i was wondering if i choose a program to record from my Iphone do I have to leave the PVR turned on at home, will it still work if the PVR is in standby.

cheers

prl

Quote from: njbnellie on November 20, 2010, 09:29:51 AM
Hi, i have the FV-l1, i was wondering if i choose a program to record from my Iphone do I have to leave the PVR turned on at home, will it still work if the PVR is in standby.

cheers

Recordings can be made from standby, but the FV-L1 can't contact IceTV for timer updates if it's in standby. In standby, a Beyonwiz has almost everything except the front panel powered off, so Internet connections are out of the question. The next time it starts for a timer or because someone turned it on, it will get any updates that were made while it was in standby, but it will miss any timers that were supposed to happen in the meantime. Even if it's on, it may not get new timers for up to 30 minutes after they've been set on IceTV, because IceTV requires the PVRs to contact it for updates, and contacts for timer updates must be at least 30 minutes apart.

You can use manually set View timers to wake a Beyonwiz up on a regular basis to fetch IceTV updates.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing